Our Boys Bond While Having Fun with the Nintendo Switch
On Redhead Mom, we’re sharing about how our boys bond while having fun with the Nintendo Switch
as part of a sponsored post with Nintendo. The games were provided for our review to feature on Redhead Mom.
When I was a little girl, I had the “original” Nintendo console that was hooked up to our television. That’s right! I played Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt – old school style – ha ha! I remember how excited I was when our neighbors got Donkey Kong and Legend of Zelda and my sister and I spent a lot of time playing the games with them at their house. I see this same excitement with our kids when they have new games come out for the different Nintendo consoles, including the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS XL. Thanks to Nintendo, we received Super Mario Party, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, and Go Vacation. With each of our boys having their own Nintendo Switch, it makes it easy for them to play games together or separate. Plus, they can even play with each other on the television!
ABOUT THE NINTENDO SWITCH GAMES
Super Mario Party
Party anywhere, any way with Super Mario Party! The classic style of Mario Party goes super on Nintendo Switch. Enter a plaza bursting with team matches, river rafting, rhythm battles, and lots more! This is a fun and complete refresh of the Mario Party series!
The original 4-player Mario Party series board game mode that fans love is back, and your friends and family are invited to the party! Freely walk the board: choose where to move, which Dice Block to roll, and how to win the most Stars in skill-based minigames. Wait till you see the 2 vs 2 mode with grid-based maps, the creative uses of the console, and the series’ first online minigame mode!
Test your skills in sets of five minigames with the new mode, Mariothon, and see how you stack up against players across the globe in Online Mariothon*. Whether you’re pedaling tricycles, flipping meat, or who knows what else, you’ll use Joy-Con controllers in clever ways across 80 new minigames; some are all-out free-for-alls, others are 2 vs 2, or even 1 vs 3! Toad’s Rec Room lets you pair up two Nintendo Switch systems**, which you’ll lay side-by-side on a flat surface like a real tabletop game. That way you can play a mini baseball game, battle tanks in custom arenas, or even see who can match the most bananas by repositioning the systems however you see fit! Our boys especially liked this game because it has Waluigi and they enjoy playing him.
*Internet access required for online play. For more info, go to Nintendo’s support website.
**Additional games and systems may be required; sold separately.
- Choose the right Dice Block for you! Take a chance on character-specific Dice Blocks with unique highs and lows. Up to four players* take turns rolling the dice, and individually race across the board searching for Stars.
- Pick-up-and-play minigames! 80 new mini games are sure to keep the party fresh.
- New ways to play! Place systems side by side for an unexpected twist! In Toad’s Rec Room Mode, new gameplay links two Nintendo Switch systems for side-by-side fun.
- Take the party online! Play minigames online against rivals all over the world.
- Super Mario Party is compatible with Joy-Con controllers only
- Rated E (Everyone)
- Switch to TV (1-4 players); Switch to Switch (1-4 players); Switch (1 player)
- *Additional accessories may be required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately.
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Barrel-blast into a critically acclaimed Donkey Kong adventure as this beloved franchise makes its Nintendo Switch debut with a banana-bunch of new features. Traverse islands packed with platforming perfection and nonstop action as the classic Kongs in the original game, or mix things up by playing the story as Funky Kong in new Funky Mode!
Arctic invaders have turned Donkey Kong Island into their personal frozen fortress, and it’s up to you to save the day. Play as Donkey Kong in Original Mode and team up with Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, and Cranky Kong—each with unique abilities—to overcome platforming challenges and frosty foes. For a more accessible experience, start a game in Funky Mode to enjoy a range of gameplay updates and a new main-character option, spectacular surfing simian Funky Kong! His extra hearts and unique abilities make for a more relaxed gaming experience. And no matter which mode you choose, a wealth of collectibles and two-player co-op round out the fun!
- Explore levels that twist, turn, and transform in unexpected ways, while the game’s dynamic rotating camera helps you fully enjoy this game’s diverse, vibrant islands.
- Master a range of special moves, including unique abilities like Diddy Kong’s jet pack, Dixie Kong’s spinning ponytail, and Cranky Kong’s cane bounce.
- Overcome challenges, battle frosty foes and bosses, and reclaim the Kongs’ stolen home.
- Seek out a wealth of collectibles that’ll enable you to unlock additional content and stock up on useful items.
- Enjoy all the fun and challenge of the original game, plus an optional new mode that makes the game more accessible to younger and less-experienced players, as well as those looking for a more relaxed gaming experience.
- For the first time ever in the Donkey Kong Country series, play as Funky Kong!
- Funky Kong has extra hearts and helpful abilities like double jump, hover, infinite rolls, infinite underwater corkscrews, and spike resistance.
- Share the adventure with a friend! During two-player co-op gameplay, each player can use a single Joy-Con controller, so no additional accessories are required.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Gaming icons clash in the ultimate brawl you can play anytime, anywhere! Smash rivals off the stage as new characters Simon Belmont and King K. Rool join Inkling, Ridley, and every fighter in Super Smash Bros. history. Enjoy enhanced speed and combat at new stages based on the Castlevania series, Super Mario Odyssey, and more!
Having trouble choosing a stage? Then select the Stage Morph option to transform one stage into another while battling—a series first! Plus, new echo fighters Dark Samus, Richter Belmont, and Chrom join the battle. Whether you play locally or online, savor the faster combat, new attacks, and new defensive options, like a perfect shield. Jam out to 900 different music compositions and go 1-on-1 with a friend, hold a 4-player free-for-all, kick it up to 8-player battles and more! Feel free to bust out your GameCube controllers—legendary couch competitions await—or play together anytime, anywhere! Our boys said this was hands down one of their favorite games for the Nintendo Switch!
- New fighters, like Inkling from the Splatoon series and Ridley from the Metroid series, make their Super Smash Bros. series debut alongside every Super Smash Bros. fighter in the series…EVER!
- Fast combat , new items, new attacks, new defensive options, and more will keep the battle raging whether you’re at home or on the go.
- 2018 Nintendo. Original Game: Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.
- Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) Content Description: Cartoon Violence, Comic Mischief, Suggestive Themes
Welcome to kawawii island, a paradise resort where friends and family can enjoy 50+ co-op and competitive activities. There are all sorts of exciting ways to explore the island, from horseback to buggies, snow mobile to inline skates. And to add to the fun, up to 4 players can enjoy visiting and discovering every corner of the island together! if you’re playing multiplayer, each player can use just One Joy-Con Controller. Experience hours of fun and something new every day. Customize your character, costumes, vehicles and even pets! daily presents and challenges mean that you will want to keep coming back to the island of kawawii to explore more terrain and play through activities all over again. Mii or in-game characters of friends and family may show up, and if they do, you can compete against them anytime. Or customize your very own villa by earning over 450 pieces of furniture. Additional accessories required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately. This title has been rated everyone mild cartoon violence.
- Welcome to kawawii island, a paradise resort where friends and family can Enjoy 50+ co-op and competitive activities
- There are all sorts of exciting ways to explore the island, from horseback to buggies, snow mobile to inline skates
- If you’re playing multiplayer, each player can use just One Joy-Con Controller
- Experience hours of fun and something new every day. Customize your character, costumes, vehicles and even pets!
- Daily presents and challenges mean that you will want to keep coming back to the island of kawawii to explore more terrain and play through activities all over again;Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) Content Description: Mild violence
These were fun games and gave a great reason for your boys to play together. They cheered each other one when unlocking characters and levels in the games, as well as competed with one another. We can’t wait to see what Nintendo comes out with next!!!
Which of these games is your favorite?