New Avocado Recipes + Party Time!
This post was sponsored by the Hass Avocado Board as part of an Influencer Activation
for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Living in California, we are super lucky to have easy access to Hass Avocados in many of our local grocery stores. In fact, there are properties near us here on the California Central Coast that actually have Avocado Orchards! Pretty cool, right? I was really excited to partner with Hass Avocados and try some new avocado recipes with family and friends with a tasting party in our own home! Normally, I love to eat avocados in salads or mashed into guacamole, while I know others who enjoy it smeared on toast. I never thought of trying some of the other recipes out there! However, for our tasting party, we whipped up two yummy new recipes. Check it out!
Chipotle Avocado Stuffed Tomatoes
The first recipe we made was Chipotle Avocado Stuffed Tomatoes. This was a yummy and easy recipe to whip together. Plus, it gave me a chance to use my new Vitamix blender – woo hoo!
- 14 cocktail or large cherry tomatoes (1 1/2-inch diameter)
- 1 ripe, fresh Hass avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 14 small cilantro leaves for garnish
1 – Slice the tops off the tomatoes and scoop out seeds and pulp. Drain, cut side down on paper towels.
2 – In a blender, puree the avocado, Greek yogurt, cilantro, lime juice and chipotle chili powder until smooth and blended.
3 – Spoon or pipe avocado filling into centers of tomatoes.
4 – Garnish with cilantro leaves.
Vegan Avocado Chocolate Chia Pudding
You’ll love this rich and creamy dessert that provides an intense bit of chocolate to satisfy your sweetest cravings. It definitely was never a combination I never thought of trying and I’m so glad I did!
- 2 ripe, fresh Hass avocados, halved, pitted, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
1 – In a blender, combine avocados, maple syrup, orange juice, cocoa powder and salt
2 – Blend until smooth, stopping occasionally to stir mixture. Add 3/4 cup water and blend until very smooth. Stir in chia seeds.
3 – Divide pudding into six small bowls. Cover and chill at least 3 hours.
At our Tasting Party, we not only tasted yummy avocado recipes, but we also learned a little about avocados. I knew that I loved eating avocados, but I didn’t know as much about them before we had our avocado tasting party. Check out a few of the facts we learned about avocados:
- According to a survey by Fresh Avocados – Love One Today®, over 75% of the fat in avocados is unsaturated (monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats), making them a great substitute for foods high in saturated fat.
- Avocados, which are a fruit although most people think of them as a vegetable, contain less than one gram of sugar per 1-ounce, the least amount of sugar per serving of any other fresh fruit.
- Avocados act as a “nutrient booster” by helping the body to better absorb fat-soluble nutrients, such as alpha- and beta-carotene and lutein, from foods that are eaten with the fruit.
Our guests loved the avocado recipes and each went home with some avocado recipes, a party/avocado-themed shirt and some avocados! It was a lot of fun and a great reason to have friends and family over for food and socializing, in addition to learning something about avocados.
Be sure to follow the Hass Avocado Board on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for fun facts, recipes and more! A big thanks to Influence Central and the Hass Avocado Board for giving us the chance to have this fun tasting party with family and friends.
What is your favorite way to enjoy avocados?