Organize Your Home with Amelia Meena + T.J.Maxx & Marshalls
I’m a T.J.Maxx & Marshalls blogger and am compensated for this post. All opinions are mine.
It’s the beginning of the year and a lot of us are trying to get our homes more organized. While it may be easy to say we’d like our homes organized, it’s more of a challenge to actually do it and know what we’re doing. That’s where T.J.Maxx & Marshalls comes into play! T.J.Maxx & Marshalls have partnered with organizational expert, Amelia Meena, to help your readers minimize the mess and maximize the cleanliness.
Start your Spring cleaning early this year and give your home a fresh start with room-by-room organization tips. To help you start off the season with a clean slate, check out stores like T.J.Maxx and Marshalls that have a variety of high quality furniture and home décor, all at amazing prices. Here are just a few ways to get organized and take charge of your space.
- Tackle the mail pile and junk drawer head on by hanging a decorative magazine rack as a mail sorter. You can also hang multiple sorters in a row so each family member has a designated place to store on-the-go essentials.
- If you have limited counter top space, consider purchasing an industrial style rolling stand to serve as a place to house your frequently used cookware. Look for one that also features a wine rack, so you can easily transition this piece to be used as a bar when entertaining guests. Stores like T.J.Maxx and Marshalls are great places to shop for quality kitchenware pieces at amazing prices.
- Color code your kitchen to keep it looking neat and streamlined. Consider picking a monochromatic color scheme for your cookware and everyday essentials to help bring order among bulky pots and pans.
- With cooking and entertaining kicked into high gear now throughout the New Year, the best way to prime your kitchen for upcoming festivities is to focus on decluttering your counter space. Items used once a month or less should be kept on higher shelves or in the back of cabinets.
- Restyle your pantry by creating continuity with all the same size and style food canisters. Consider using see-through or wired storage baskets for easy grab-and-go snacks.
The Living Room
- To minimize the mess and maximize the cleanliness, choose an organizing approach that provides style and function. Select a piece of furniture with storage like a rustic-style trunk or classic ottoman to house cozy essentials, including extra blankets and throw pillows, that can also provide extra entertaining space or extra seating when guests are over.
- In smaller areas, if you’re looking to add extra storage without the bulk, try a ladder shelf. It’s a great alternative to a standard book shelf, as the shelves narrow towards the top and keeps the room feeling more open. You can also use a decorative ladder as a way to display beautiful throw blankets versus taking up prime seating real estate on a couch. Places like T.J.Maxx and Marshalls have a wide variety of home furnishings that can transform any space at amazing prices.
- To keep your coffee table tidy, try using a serving tray to house decor elements. Instead of stacking items like coffee table books, consider displaying them out in a neat grid and layering the rest of your pieces on top. If you want to opt for a more minimalist look, using a rectangular tray on a round table or ottoman creates an effective geometric style. I also recommend finding a decorative place such as a wooden jewelry box for utility pieces like remotes and electronics.
- Your day begins and ends in the bedroom so it should be the most stress-free, relaxing room in the home. Beginning with the nightstand, invest in a sophisticated bedside table with drawers that provide a neat and organized spot for your nighttime needs. Limit the number of items on the top of your nightstand to two – three, focusing on your everyday essentials such as a lamp or clock and one decorative item like a fresh succulent, which serves as a calming accent piece.
- If the surface area in your bedroom is scarce, use a wall-mounted jewelry hanger with a variety of hooks. For smaller-size jewelry like rings or pins, instead of using a bulky jewelry box, opt for small decorative bowls to store your go-to baubles.
- Create a turnkey vanity space by using a stylish bar cart to display your favorite perfumes and make-up. You can find great accent furniture and décor at places like T.J.Maxx and Marshalls that can be repurposed to serve a different function than intended without compromising the quality and style.
- A closet can easily become packed at the seams and cause unnecessary clutter, so to clear up storage space add stylish hooks to your bedroom walls to hang and display your favorite handbags or scarves during the cool winter months.
The Home Office:
- To keep a clean workspace, opt for a stylish file cabinet on wheels. This allows you to easily access important papers, but can also act as additional desk space when needed. Remember to also use labels and color coordinated folders to easily keep track of where your papers are stored to avoid creating a “catch all pile” on the top of your desk. Check out the incredible home section at T.J.Maxx and Marshalls for high quality items at an incredible value.
- Look up! Utilize your wall space to hang your to-do lists, calendar reminders and more. This trick helps to further declutter your desktop area, and keeps those important items top of mind. A letter organizer also serves as a great place to store notebooks in a designated area.
- If space is tight and you can’t (or don’t need to) dedicate a whole room to act as a home office, use a credenza as a multifunctional piece of furniture to neatly disguise your work station when entertaining guests.
Be sure to check out T.J.Maxx & Marshalls for affordable ways to organize your home!
Do you have any favorite ways to organize your home?