Baking with Unilever for the Holidays + Giveaway
This holiday season, I used Unilever products a lot more in my holiday baking and cooking endeavors than I had in previous years and the results were great! Some of my favorite Unilever brands for baking include Country Crock, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, Promise, Brummel & Brown, and Imperial. I used them to make holiday veggie dishes, casseroles, cookies, and more!
When it comes to soft spreads, there are often times many misconceptions. As part of the Good to Know Initiative, Unilever has set out to dispel the myths and share the facts with bakers and cooks everywhere.
With a wide variety of soft spreads, including Country Crock, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, Promise, Brummel & Brown, and Imperial – Unilever has a spread for YOU. And best of all, they can say ALL of their spreads are Good to Know because they:
– Have 0g trans fat per serving
– Contain no partially hydrogenated oils
– Have no cholesterol
– Are 70% less fat than butter per serving
– Have 30% fewer calories than butter per serving
Now that the nutrition numbers had grabbed your attention, you might be wondering how they taste? Unilever feels strongly that their spreads are not only a better nutrition option than butter, but they’ll also keep your holiday recipes tasting delicious! This holiday season, I took their challenge and tried one of my own cookie recipes – using soft spreads instead of butter – and it tasted great!!! Check out the recipe I prepared:
Candy Cane Blossoms (by Hershey’s)
– 1 bag of Hershey’s Kisses (Candy Cane flavor)
– ½ cup (1 stick) Country Crock spread
– 1 cup Granulated Sugar
– 1 Egg
– 1-1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
– 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
– ¼ tsp Baking Soda
– ¼ tsp Salt
– 2 tbsp Milk
– Red and Green Sugar Crystals
- Heat oven to 350°F. Remove wrappers from candies.
- Beat Country Crock Spread, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk to Country Crock spread mixture, beating until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll some in red sugar and then roll some in green sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is set. Remove from oven; cool for 2 to 3 minutes. Press a candy piece into the center of each cookie. Remove from the cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack. Cool cookies completely. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
If you’d like to take the challenge and prepare a recipe using soft spreads in the place of butter, you’ll definitely want to enter this fun giveaway!
1 LUCKY PARTICIPANT WILL WIN A GOOD TO KNOW BAKING SET, WHICH INCLUDES:
– Silpat Baking Sheet Liner
– Steel Cooking Rack
– Nonstick Cookie Sheet
– Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop
– $10 Gift Card to purchase your Unilever spread of choice and baking ingredients
— The Mommy-Files (@themommyfiles) January 14, 2013
I received a prize pack to facilitate this review. This giveaway was sponsored by Unilever.
All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.