How to Make Funny Memes and GIFs
Today, on Redhead Mom, I’m sharing a partnered guest post about how to make funny memes and GIFs.
Nowadays, memes and GIFs are some of the most popular types of content on the Internet. These pictures or videos with text overlays are funny and relatable, as well as seem to brighten up our days. You probably know about them unless you’ve been living under a rock for the last decade. Such content allows people to illustrate and deliver messages quickly and clearly, and it also helps people bond through shared interests and experiences.
There are an infinite number of memes and their variations available online, but sometimes you simply can’t find the right one or don’t want to waste time looking for it. If that resonates with you, then just create your own. If you’re wondering, why do you even need this? Where would it come in handy? Okay, we get it – it’s mostly for pure fun, conveying emotions while texting, and better understanding your teenage kids, too! Here, we’ll tell you about 3 types of fun content and share some tips on how to make them on your own.
The term “face swap” means the digital exchange of two faces. Face swapping is usually used to create a parody of a celebrity or a funny montage for sharing via the Internet. To recreate such an image, all you need are two photos you want to superimpose, a pinch of humor, and face swap software. Make a silly parody of your partner’s, friend’s, or sibling’s face with a face changer that you can find by following the link above. Here’s a brief tutorial on how to create it:
- Upload a photo with the face you want to use as a swap into face replacement software.
- Use the Change Background tool. Remove everything except the face.
- Select a new background image. Use your second photo that you’ll overlay the face on.
- Adjust the face layer size, position, and rotation. That’s it!
A meme is most often an image with text or just a text on its own that is widely spread online, especially through social media. Frequently, the text is a play on words or a clever pun that relates to the image. Even though modern Internet memes have only recently gained widespread popularity, the term “meme” was first used in 1976, contrary to the majority of people’s misconceptions that it is a completely new phenomenon. Memes cover everything from fads and cats to social and political topics. Have a perfect photo to turn into a meme? Try out a meme generator and contribute to the countless memes that already exist. Here’s how to make one using the aforementioned meme creator:
- Choose a template from the currently hot ones or upload your image.
- Customize it by adding text, stickers, and drawings.
- It’s done! Just choose how to share or save your meme.
GIF (Graphics Interchange Format) is a digital file format developed in 1987. It was originally intended to reduce the size of images and short animations. These days, it is widely used to create short video memes from fragments of movies or TV shows, often with humorous subtitles added. Want to make an animated GIF with your picture? Just use a gif maker to loop a hilarious clip of your family member. Here’s what you need to do if you use the program linked above:
- You first need to sign up for free to start creating, as it’s an online tool.
- Upload the image or video clip you want to turn into a GIF.
- Add animated captions, apply stickers, overlay dynamic filters, and even draw something on your picture. And there you have it!
Now you have everything you need to create hilarious content. Make your friends and family laugh by showing off your creation.
Leave a Reply