Protect Your Family’s Future with Ethos Life Insurance
This is a partnered post with Ethos Life Insurance.
In our family, we have 6 kids and 2 working adults. Our family depends on the income from my husband and I to make it, especially with all of the expenses that comes with having a big family. But what if something happens to my husband or me? We would be up a yucky creek without a paddle! That’s where Ethos comes in to protect our family‘s future.
What does Ethos do?
Ethos makes life insurance simple and accessible for the modern consumer. Ethos makes it easy to sign up for life insurance. In fact, anyone can use their website to apply for term life insurance – it’s 100% online and FREE! I love it because there are no pushy salespeople, hidden fees or medical exams for most people. Ethos focuses solely on term life insurance, which is much more affordable and simpler than other types of life insurances out there.
What is term life insurance?
I don’t know about you, but when I think of life insurance, I get a little bit overwhelmed because I don’t really understand what it is or how it works. As I mentioned above, Ethos focuses solely on term life insurance. Term life insurance is life insurance that covers you for a set amount of time. Ethos offers policies in 10, 15, 20 or 30-year terms. You can make monthly payments, called “premiums,” to keep your policy in effect. If you pass away while the policy is in effect, a pre-set cash payment is paid to whomever you name as a beneficiary. At the end of the term, the policy expires and is no longer in effect. Term life insurance is actually the best type of life insurance for most families because it is by far the most affordable and simplest type of life insurance.
Unfortunately, buying life insurance the traditional way has been a poor experience for a lot of people. There is typically a lot of back and forth with an agent, mandatory medical exams (plus blood and urine tests), as well as the fact that the process takes several weeks (10 weeks or more is common)! Almost all life insurance is sold by commissioned salespeople and since their time is money, they may try to push you into buying the most expensive coverage available, even if you don’t really need it.
Ethos is a better way to buy life insurance! The online buying experience with Ethos puts you in the driver’s seat – yay! There are no medical exams for 99% of people (they provide coverage for all financial situations – $25k – $10m). You can apply for FREE in as little as 10 minutes. Most healthy people get approved instantly. There is no upsell – they’ll never try to convince you to buy more life insurance than you need or can afford.
What I love about Ethos is that while it provides the benefits of a modern consumer experience, it also provides the security of a major life insurance company. Ethos has partnered with Assurity, an “Excellent” rated life insurance company with 130 years of experience. Ethos is awesome because most claims are paid within 10 days and they will even help your family through the process. Their prices are competitive (for instance, $1 per day could buy your family $1 million of coverage for 20 years). Keeping their customers happy is their number one priority. They are available anytime via phone or email to answer questions.
Who should get covered? How does Ethos help my family?
Who should have life insurance? The need for life insurance depends on what stage of life you are in. At Ethos, they believe that you should get covered if you have someone you want to protect financially in the event you pass away, such as a spouse or children.
Households with Children and One Income
- When the household is dependent on one wage earner, there is a great need for life insurance that will financially provide for the future.
- Households with young children and one income are in the greatest need of life insurance that will help keep finances intact in the event of an untimely death.
- In this situation, it’s important to address the need for life insurance as soon as possible.
Households with Children and Two Incomes
- In this case, the death of either parent presents a financial hardship that could be significantly alleviated with life insurance.
- Both parents need coverage that could replace their income for several years, and where possible, pay off a mortgage, take care of outstanding debts, and provide for the kids’ future educational needs. Our article highlights the most frequent common disputes in probate that families face.
Married Couples, No Children
- If both spouses are employed and contribute equally to the household‘s finances, they may choose to wait until they purchase a home or decide to have children before buying life insurance.
- However, if the death of a spouse would cause financial hardship, buying life insurance to alleviate that strain is a smart move.
Ethos is definitely a great life insurance option for families everywhere! I highly encourage you to check them out and sign up to protect your family’s future today.
Have you heard of Ethos before? Why do you think life insurance is important?