“Wedding Planning for Dummies” Book Review
Wedding planning can be tons of fun, but can also be quite stressful for the bride and her friends and family who might not know exactly what they are doing! Introduce Wedding Planning for Dummies, written by Celebrity Wedding Planner, Marcy Blum. In Wedding Planning for Dummies, you will learn to (1) Plan a memorable wedding for you and your guests; (2) Personalize your celebration; (3) Handle tricky family dynamics; and (4) Plan the perfect honeymoon. You can pick up a copy at your local bookstore or online, retailing for $22.99.
WEDDING PLANNING FOR DUMMIES BOOK SYNOPSIS
Stressed about wedding planning? Relax! This friendly guide gives you all the help you need to plan and enjoy a memorable, hassle-free ceremony and reception. You get tips on everything from setting the date and selecting the invitations to keeping track of gifts, guests, and thank-you notes. Easy!
– Avoid wedding bill blues – keep track of expenses with a wedding-budget spreadsheet and get valuable advice on tipping, negotiating contracts, and surfing for deals online.
– Take care of the details – find the perfect venue, get the lowdown on invitations, plan a weekend wedding, and design a schedule for a snag-free wedding day.
– Get creative – discover other kinds of celebrations, from theme weddings to encore weddings, as well as showers, rehearsal dinners, and morning-after brunches.
– Survive the ceremony – get clear explanations of various customs and rites, helping determine the service sequence, suitable vows, and meaningful readings.
– Raise a glass – plan a rousing reception with tips on what to serve, what to wash it down with, how to decorate, who to hire, and what to listen to throughout.
OPEN THE BOOK AND YOU WILL FIND:
– Tips for finding the ideal wedding location
– Advice on picking your wedding party (and what you can expect from them)
– Guidance on finding and working with vendors
– Music to get married by
– The perfect wedding cakes
– The lowdown on gift registries
– Examples of wedding programs
– Advice on selecting the best gown for your body type and style
– The 4-1-1 on prenups
ABOUT THE AUTHOR – MARCY BLUM
Marcy is a world-renowned wedding and event planner. She has been featured as an expert in several publications including USA Today, Brides, Town & Country, and The New York Times.
— The Mommy-Files (@themommyfiles) December 29, 2012
I received a copy of “Wedding Planning for Dummies” as part of my participation in the Ambassador program with Global Influence. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.