Hungry Jack “Use Up the Box” Pantry Party Giveaway (10 winners)
Do you ever find yourself looking through the pantry trying to figure out what to make for dinner? When you see a box of pancake mix, do you think to yourself, “I’m not really in the mood for pancakes. What else can I make?” Well, I was excited to find out that I could make dishes other pancakes with the Hungry Jack Pancake Mix, as well as with the Hungry Jack Syrup and Hungry Jack Mashed Potatoes!
Hungry Jack, the makers of Mashed Potatoes, Pancake Mix and Syrup has teamed up with celebrity chef Adam Gertler – host of Food Network’s new show Kid in a Candy Store – to help at-home cooks add creativity to their meals and save money by thinking “outside the box.” Through December 17th, 2010, Hungry Jack and Chef Gertler are challenging consumers to put down their shopping lists and look in their pantries for a world of creative recipe inspiration in the Hungry Jack Use Up the Box Recipe Contest.
Home cooks can submit an original recipe in one of the three categories using at least 1 cup of Hungry Jack Mashed Potatoes, 1 cup of Hungry Jack Pancake Mix or 1/4 cup of Hungry Jack Syrup as ingredients at www.useupthebox.com or via regular mail. Three Grand Prize Winners in each of the categories will receive a year’s worth of groceries.
According to a survey conducted by Kelton Research on behalf of the J.M. Smucker Company, one in three (31%) Americans said they never use a food product outside of its intended use, and eight in ten (77%) admit to throwing away pantry items they fail to use up. Across America, households stock their pantries with instant potatoes, pancake mix, peanut butter, syrup, and cereal that can often serve double duty in the kitchen, saving moms time and money and helping them maximize mealtime potential.
“The great taste and versatility of Hungry Jack products let a home cook flex his or her creativity in the kitchen and make a hungry family a happy family,” said Chef Gertler. “I encourage everyone to skip that extra trip to the grocery store and think outside the box to use up the items in your pantry. The unique dishes you create will delight you and your family!”
Families count on Hungry Jack for great-tasting potatoes and fluffy pancakes with syrup, but all three staples can be used as ingredients in delicious dishes, such as Chef Gertler’s:
– Doughnut Bites with Bacon Sugar – make these irresistable treats at home for an unforgettable weekend family brunch with Hungry Jack Pancake Mix.
– Chicken Wings with Sweet Chili Glaze – add a sweet kick to game day nibbles by topping classic chicken wings with a sweet and spicy glaze featuring Hungry Jack Syrup.
– Green Enchiladas – give turkey or chicken leftovers new life by using Hungry Jack Pancake Mix to create a unique enchilada dish guaranteed to please any crowd.
– Spiced Mocha Fudge Cake – Hungry Jack Mashed Potatoes are the secret behind this super moist, fudgy cake.
– Spinach Salad with Warm Mustard Vinaigrette – whip up a sweet and savory salad dressing with help from Hungry Jack Syrup.
“Mealtime can often be a challenge for busy families across America, but with a little creativity, putting meals on the table that the whole family will enjoy doesn’t have to cost a lot of money,” said Maribeth Badertscher, Vice President, Corporate Communications, The J.M. Smucker Company. “By learning how to maximize pantry staples like Hungry Jack Pancake Mix, Mashed Potatoes, and Syrup, the options are endless.”
The Hungry Jack Use Up the Box Recipe Contest will end on December 17, 2010 and is open to U.S. residents over 18 years of age. Void where prohibited. For complete details and Official Rules, visit www.useupthebox.com.
10 lucky readers on The Mommy-Files will receive a Hungry Jack gift basket!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment one of the recipes you’d love to try making from the Use Up the Box website.
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Wednesday, October 27th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received samples from The J.M. Smucker Company to facilitate this review. The giveaway was sponsored by The J.M. Smucker Company. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.