Crayola How I Dream in Green Giveaway
I love Crayola products and am so happy to hear that they are now manufacturing products that are safe for the environment. This upcoming back-to-school season features special boxes of Crayola crayons, markers, and colored pencils with icons calling out the way each product is lessening its impact on the environment.
Did you know that solar panels are starting to provide power to make more than 1 billion Crayola crayons annually and recycled bottle caps are being used to make 500 million Crayola markers, keeping hundreds of tons of plastic out of landfills? That’s awesome! Plus, since 1987, Crayola has made its colored pencils from reforested wood: for every tree that is used, a new one of the same species is planted. Remember, Crayola’s new greener school supplies will be available for this back-to-school season!
In celebration of their green products, Crayola is promoting a contest. On August 5th, Crayola will celebrate plugging their new 15-acre solar farm into the sun and they are in search for a “Crayola Green Team,” a group of 10 children with colorful ideas for protecting the planet.
Here are the details:
· Crayola is looking for a group of 10 children who have a colorful vision for making their schools, homes or communities greener.
· Children can participate in the “How I Dream in Green” contest for the chance to win one of 10 spots on the Crayola Green Team. Crayola will bring the team to Easton, Pa., to do the honors of ceremonially plugging our new 15-acre solar farm into the sun on August 5.
Parents or teachers can submit artwork through June 28 that illustrates the colorful ways children want to protect the planet either on Crayola’s Facebook fan page (www.facebook.com/crayola) or at Crayola.com.
Submissions will be displayed in an online gallery on Facebook open for public voting from July 6-21. Crayola will then select the 10 most creative and original ideas from the artwork that receives the most votes.
The winning kids will be honored for the ways they want to do good for the environment during the opening of our solar farm and will have the rare chance to take a VIP tour of Crayola’s manufacturing facility where they can help us package our new solar power crayons and receive a custom 64 box filled with pine green, jungle green, electRic lime and the other 15 shades of crayola green crayons personalized with their individual names.
If you would like to enter your child’s artwork, it can be submitted either at the Crayola Facebook fan page or at Crayola.com.
24 ct. Crayons:
Approximate Retail Value: : $2.49
Beginning this summer, Crayola 24-ct. crayons, the quintessential school supply found in virtually every elementary classroom, will be made with the power of the sun. More than
26,000 solar panels will convert sunlight into electricity, generating the energy required to make 1 billion of the 3 billion crayons Crayola makes each year, which equals 60 million 24-ct.
The solar farm, located on Crayola’s Easton, Pa. corporate campus, will help reduce 1,900 tons of greenhouse gases per year, equal to planting 400 acres of pine forest or removing 325 cars from the road. Mother Earth will be smiling down on every forest green, pine green and jungle green crayon that rolls off the assembly.
Approximate Retail Value: $3.99-$4.99
Thanks to new, innovative ways to manufacture Crayola markers from recycled bottle caps, “black” is the new “green!” Crayola markers will now have black barrels instead of white, which allows more recycled plastic to be used, giving a second life to more than 1 million pounds of plastic bottle caps. And, switching to black barrels keeps hundreds of tons of plastic out of landfills each year.
The markers will be available in the following varieties: 10-ct. Broadline Classic Colors, 10-ct. Broadline Assorted Colors, 10-ct. Fineline Classic Colors, 8-ct. Washable Broadline and 8-ct. Washable Fineline.
I love Crayola products and prefer using them with my boys over other brands. I am so glad that Crayola has found a way to be “greener” in the creation of their products! Thank you Crayola for continuing to be a brand I love and for creating awesome products!
5 lucky readers on The Mommy-Files will win a prize pack including he new “green” Crayola Crayons (24 count) and Crayola Markers (10 count)!!!
Tell me one way you try to be “green” in your family!
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow Crayola on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Thursday, July 1st, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received product samples from Crayola to facilitate this review. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.