National Geographic “Weird But True” Book Review & Giveaway
I grew up with National Geographic magazines and loved the pictures in them! I was so excited to have the opportunity to review the new National Geographic Kids book entitled, Weird But True. It was filled with fun pictures and a bunch of interesting facts that even I didn’t know about. My boys love having us read the book to them and looking through the book themselves at the different pictures.
This book is so much fun and full of true facts that readers of National Geographic Kids love! Weird But True is based on the popular magazine, which is full of fun facts, including:
- Peanut butter can be converted into a diamond?
- The world’s oldest pet goldfish lived to be 43 years old?
- The world’s longest soap bubble was as long as four school buses?
- On Neptune, the wind blows up to 1,243 miles an hour?
- An elephant’s tooth can weigh as much as a bowling ball?
The book includes fun sections, such as Animals Superpowers, Chills and Thrills, Eat or Be Eaten, Mini and Mega, Wild and Crazy, and much more! Weird But True retails for $6.95, so it’s super affordable! The book is ideal for ages 6 and up, even though my 4 year old and 2 year old loved looking at the pictures. It is a softcover book with 208 pages, measures 6 1/2″ x 6 1/2″, and was published in 2009.
I really enjoyed this little book and loved the fun facts presented in it. I also loved the pictures throughout it, as did my kids. A few of my favorite facts include “Girls have more taste buds than boys do;” “The tallest known snowman was higher than a 12-story building;” “The founders of the Mattel Toy Company named two dolls after their children: Ken and Barbie;” and “A hundred-year-old chocolate bar sold for nearly $700.” There are so many fun facts in here. I think I may have enjoyed it more than my kids!
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a copy of Weird But True from National Geographic Kids!!!
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar for a daily entry) – 1 ENTRY (daily)
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Thursday, March 25th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.