California Raisin Popcorn Recipe Review & Giveaway
We love popcorn and I recently had the opportunity to make a yummy popcorn recipe with ingredients courtesy of California Raisins! I put together a yummy recipe for California Raisins Five-Spice Popcorn Snack Mix! I altered the ingredients to make it less spicy than the original recipe created. It was really good and was eaten up quickly!
1 bag (97% fat-free) microwave popcorn, popped
1/4 cup sesame sticks (I used 1/2 cup)
1/2 teaspoon each: garlic powder and onion powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon dried cilantro leaves
1 teaspoon Chinese 5-spice powder (I used 1/2 tsp)
1/2 cup crisp chow mein noodles (I used 3/4 cup)
Olive oil cooking spray (lots)
1 cup California Raisins
Stir together all ingredients except raisins in a large bowl. Spray mixture liberally with cooking spray and toss with your hands, repeating until popcorn is well coated with spices; stir in raisins.
Recipe Tip: Add additional ingredients to taste. We suggest honey roasted peanuts, minced crystallized ginger or even semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Nutritional analysis per serving:
Calories: 190, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 200mg, Potassium: 237mg, Carbohydrates: 37g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 19g, Protein: 2g, Vitamin A: 2%, Vitamin C: 2%, Calcium: 4%, Iron: 8%, 23.6% calories from fat
Why California Raisins are a wise choice for snacking:
· Just 1/4 cup of raisins equals a serving of fruit for adults.
· California Raisins are fat- and cholesterol-free.
· Raisins deliver important health components, such as fiber, potassium and antioxidants.
I found this recipe fun and easy to make. It was also really tasty and I loved the balance of the salty, sweet (from the raisins), and small trace of spice from the different spices used in the recipe. The Olive Oil Spray also added a good flavor to the mix. The popcorn was enjoyed by all….and went fast! I’ll definitely be making this recipe again in the future!
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a California Raisins Prize Pack with ingredients to make this yummy popcorn recipe!!! The prize pack includes everything in the picture!
Tell me in a comment a favorite recipe you found or fact you learned from the California Raisins website.
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar for a daily entry) – 1 ENTRY (daily)
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Thursday, March 25th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a California Raisins Prize Pack so that I could prepare the recipe and conduct the review. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.