“The Princess and the Frog” Soundtrack Review & Giveaway
I have not yet seen “The Princess and the Frog,” but did see part of the parade when we last visited Disneyland! I LOVED the music and was excited for the opportunity to review “Princess and the Frog“ Soundtrack, thanks to Walt Disney Records. I LOVED the soundtrack! The music is fun for both kids and parents! I found myself dancing along with the music while listening to it. After listening to the soundtrack, I am really excited to see the movie when it comes out on DVD. My favorite songs were “Never Knew I Needed,” “Down in New Orleans,” and “Dig a Little Deeper.”
“The Princess and the Frog” Soundtrack features the new Ne-Yo Single, “Never Knew I Needed.” Included are performances by Dr. John, Anika Noni Rose, Jim Cummings, Keith David, Michael Leon-Wooley Bruno Campos, Jenifer Lewis, and Terence Blanchard.
Walt Disney Records will release the soundtrack for The Princess and the Frog, available digitally and in stores on November 23, 2009. The Princess and the Frog marks the return to traditional hand-drawn 2D animation from the revered team of John Musker and Ron Clements, with music by Oscar®-winning composer Randy Newman. The Walt Disney Pictures film takes place in New Orleans, whose sounds of jazz, Zydeco, blues and Gospel present the perfect musical setting for the film. Multi-platinum, 3-time Grammy Award-winning Def Jam recording artist Ne-Yo contributes “Never Knew I Needed,” the featured end credit song of the film. The soundtrack features performances by Dr. John, the film’s Anika Noni Rose, Jim Cummings, Keith David, Michael Leon-Wooley, and Jenifer Lewis, with performances on trumpet by Terence Blanchard.
Ne-Yo made headlines one year ago when his most recent RIAA platinum album Year Of The Gentleman debuted at the top of the Soundscan and UK national charts. The album went on to generate a league-leading total of five Grammy Award nominations – with its #1 R&B smash single “Miss Independent” winning in the Best R&B Song (songwriters award) and Best Male R&B Vocal Performance categories. Year Of The Gentleman followed up Because Of You (released May 2007), which won the Grammy Award for Best Contemporary R&B Album, and In My Own Words (February 2006) – both of which debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 and R&B/Hip-Hop Albums charts.
Walt Disney Animation Studios presents the musical The Princess and the Frog, an animated comedy set in the great city of New Orleans. From the creators of The Little Mermaid and Aladdin comes a modern twist on a classic tale, featuring a beautiful girl named Tiana (Anika Noni Rose), a frog prince who desperately wants to be human again, and a fateful kiss that leads them both on a hilarious adventure through the mystical bayous of Louisiana.
1. Never Knew I Needed – Ne-Yo
2. Down In New Orleans (Prologue)
3. Down In New Orleans – Dr. John
4. Almost There – Anika Noni Rose (as ‘Tiana’)
5. Friends On The Other Side – Keith David (as ‘Dr. Facilier’)
6. When We’re Human – Michael Leon-Wooley (as ‘Louis), Bruno Campos (as “Prince Naveen’) and Anika Noni Rose (as ‘Tiana’), featuring Terence Blanchard on trumpet
7. Gonna Take You There – Jim Cummings (as ‘Ray’), featuring Terrance Simien on accordion
8. Ma Belle Evangeline – Jim Cummings (as ‘Ray’), featuring Terence Blanchard on trumpet
9. Dig A Little Deeper – Jenifer Lewis (as ‘Mama Odie’) featuring the Pinnacle Gospel Choir
10. Down in New Orleans (Finale) – Anika Noni Rose (as ‘Tiana’)
11. *Fairy Tale/Going Home
12. *I Know This Story
13. *The Frog Hunters/Gator Dawn
14. *Tiana’s Bad Dream
15. *Ray Laid Low
16. *Ray/Mama Odie
17. *This is Gonna Be Good
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a copy of “The Princess and the Frog” Soundtrack!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment why you want to win this giveaway!
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on the Web’s Top Giveaway Blog (click, select The Mommy-Files, and vote) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Monday, February 22nd, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
This post was written for Family Review Network as part of a program for Walt Disney Records, who supplied the product for review. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.