Cheerios 100,000 Book Giveaway
I love General Mills and grew up eating Cheerios. Cheerios is a basic staple in a house with 3 little ones! We not only have a steady supply of Cheerios, but we also have an assortment of children’s book, which they love to read through. They really enjoy it when I read them book as well! Access to books is essential to your child’s reading development. I’ve even noticed my son’s school promoting the importance of reading. His homework is to have an adult read a book (or books) with him each night.
Through my experience with General Mills’ 100,000 Book Promotion, I learned that over 80 percent of childcare centers serving low-income children are lacking in age-appropriate reading materials. Plus, a recent study showed that the ratio of books per child in middle income neighborhoods is 13 to 1 , while in low-income neighborhoods, the ratio is 1 age-appropriate book for every 300 children. Yikes!
Thanks to the Cheerios family of cereals, First Book, and Jon Scieszka, author of the popular “Trucktown” series and other children’s books, a new program has been initiated. They are joining together to deliver 100,000 books to community-based programs serving children in need and they would love your help! All you have to do is go online with your child and test your combined knowledge of children’s books by answering trivia questions related to “Trucktown” and other great children’s books.
For every trivia question answered correctly, you can cast one vote for the state you would like to receive books. The five states receiving the most votes will get 20,000 books each for a total of 100,000 books. Be sure to visit their site today!!!
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a 100,000 Book Prize Pack including an assortment of books from Cheerios, one of the many varieties of Cheerios Cereals, and a $25 gift card to Barnes & Noble!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment one of your all-time favorite children’s authors or book titles.
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on the Web’s Top Giveaway Blog (click, select The Mommy-Files, and vote) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Wednesday, January 13th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received an assortment of books from Cheerios, a box of Frosted Cheerios Cereal, and a $25 gift card to Barnes & Noble from General Mills as a part of a campaign through MyBlogSpark. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.