REVIEW & GIVEAWAY – "Chicken Soup for the Soul"
I love the Chicken Soup for the Soul Books. It is so nice to be able to read something and walk away feeling good! Well, Chicken Soup for the Soul strikes again! I had the opportunity to review 3 new books, (1) Chicken Soup for the Soul: Teens Talk Middle School, (2) Chicken Soup for the Soul: Teens Talk High School, and (3) Chicken Soup for the Soul: Teens Talk Getting In To College. All are written by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, Amy Newmark, and Madeline Clapps.
Chicken Soup for the Soul: Teens Talk Middle School is an excellent book both for Middle School-aged teens and their parents. It’s been referred to by some as a “support group in a book” and is written by Middle School aged teens (who better to understand than those your age). Some of the topics include “True Friends and New Friends,” “Embarrassing Moments,” “Bully Payback,” “Being Happy With Yourself,” “Doing What’s Right,” and more! This is a perfect gift for your teen at graduation or just because!
Chicken Soup for the Soul: Teens Talk High School is another excellent book for High School teens and their parents (again written by high schoolers for high schoolers). It has been referred to as a “portable support group you can carry in your backpack!” Some of the topics include “Happy to Be Me,” “Dating, Crushes, and Just Friends,” “Doing the Right Thing,” “Family Ups and Downs,” “Overcoming Challenges,” and more!
Chicken Soup for the Soul: Teens Talk Getting In..To College is a great book for High School teens who are going through the process of searching for the right college, applying, and waiting for the results. Applying for colleges and waiting for acceptance letters, as well as preparing for the real world can be very stressful for teens and create a lot of anxiety. Your High School teen will love this book because it is written by those who have gone through the college process and SURVIVED! This book would make a great graduation gift or just because!
Thanks to Phenix & Phenix Literary Publicists, we are giving away 1 copy of each book to 3 different winners (you will pick 1 book you want – 1 book per winner).
– Tell me in a comment which book you would like to win!
– Follow my blog (or tell me you already follow) – 1 entry
– Subscribe to my blog (or tell me you already subscribe) – 1 entry
– Add my button (or tell me you already have it on your blog) – 1 entry
– Follow me on Twitter and “tweet” about the giveaway – 2 entries
– Blog about the giveaway and leave me the link – 2 entries
– Tell me in a comment if you have a favorite Chicken Soup for the Soul book – 1 entry
– Giveaway ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, April 19th, 2009 and the winner will be announced on this blog on Monday, April 20th (as well as emailed).
– Please leave your email address so I can contact you if you win the prize.
– Winner must respond by Thursday, April 23rd or another winner will be chosen.
– Open to residents in the US and Canada.