The Lion King SteelBook at Best Buy

By Shannon Gurnee
In Blu-ray Review
October 22, 2019

Today, I’m excited to share about The Lion King SteelBook as part of a sponsored post with Best Buy

The Lion King SteelBook

I loved watching the animated version of “The Lion King” when I was a kid and was super excited to find out there was a live-action version of the same movie being released on Blu-ray and DVD! In fact, Best Buy has a special version of the classic and live-action movie –  “The Lion King” SteelBook. Best Buy released an exclusive SteelBook cover to commemorate the release of the animated version of “The Lion King” and the new live-action version as well, available today!

The Lion King SteelBook

I love the music in “The Lion King,” as well as the characters! I am so impressed with the quality of the live-action movies that Disney has made of the animated classics, including “The Lion King.” My favorite character in the movie is Timon. He is so dang cute!!! I can’t wait to see what animated classic Disney will create a live-action movie of!

The Lion King SteelBook

Director Jon Favreau’s fantasy drama film is a computer animated remake of the 1994 animated Disney film of the same name. It features the voice talents of Donald Glover, Seth Rogen, Billy Eichner, John Oliver, Beyoncé, and James Earl Jones. A young lion returns from exile in adulthood, ready to reclaim the throne that was stolen from him and his father by his treacherous uncle.

The Lion King SteelBook

One of my favorite stores to shop for electronics, household appliances and movies is Best Buy. Not only do they have a wide variety of products, but they also have great prices and helpful staff members. This Collectible SteelBook of “The Lion King” includes a Digital Copy, as well as 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray/Blu-ray. It is available only at Best Buy, so get yours today!

Plus, save $5 on select Disney titles with the purchase of “The Lion King.” Enter code LIONKING5 at checkout. Shop https://bby.me/qrfma to learn more.”

Who in your family would enjoy “The Lion King” SteelBook from Best Buy?

Shannon Gurnee is the author of Redhead Mom formerly "The Mommy-Files", a national blog with a loyal following. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Marriage, Family, and Human Development with a Minor in Business Management. Shannon and her husband, Frank, have a large family with 6 awesome kids and love living on the Central Coast near San Luis Obispo, California, as well as traveling around the world. A full-time Social Media and Professional Blogger, Shannon also serves as a National Brand Ambassador for many well-known companies. Her blog focuses on motherhood, family fun activities, traveling, fashion, beauty, technology, wedding ideas and recipes while providing professional opinions on products, performances, restaurants, and a variety of businesses.

37 Responses to “The Lion King SteelBook at Best Buy”

1. My kids haven’t seen the new live action Lion King yet, so this is the perfect activity for us on this upcoming rainy weekend!

2. Gervin Khan says:

I haven’t seen this movie yet because of my busy schedule but gladly that I can now buy a clear copy of this movie. I will definitely check this out and will watch together with my kids.

3. Garf says:

I would love to watch this movie myself. I am still young at heart 😉

4. Danjay Reyes says:

Lion King is one of my favorite movies. In fact, having watched that movie had changed the way I look watching at movie animations on the big screen!

5. Catherine says:

What a great set! I haven’t seen the new one but looks like a good movie choice for family movie night!

6. My folks are still not convinced about the live action remake as they love the original cartoon version! However they’ve done it very well and we love the musical score and Beyonce’s input x

7. We loved watching the Lion King but would love to see it again especially during the school half term break, so will get this

8. Stacie says:

I’m snagging this for my family. I’ve gotten Best Buy’s Steelbooks for a few different movies, and I’m excited to add this one to our collection.

9. Theresa says:

I love Best Buy’s Steelbooks and am glad to see that The Lion King is one of them. I am definitely going to get one for my daughter’s stocking this year.

10. One of my fav Disney movies. I’ve seen it about 75 times 🙂

11. joy says:

what a beautiful case and cover art. i loved seeing the movie in the cinemas.

Joy at The Joyous Living

12. Alli Smith says:

This is such a great deal! I haven’t seen the live version yet and I loved the original. This would be a great Christmas or birthday gift.

13. I have to buy this, my kids would love to see the movie.

14. Monica Y says:

That is a great cover, I need to go to Best Buy and get a copy, this is my favorite Disney movie

15. Lynndee says:

I would love to have that. I truly enjoyed the first movie and we missed seeing the second one in the theater.

16. I’m getting it for my niece! Best Buy’s Steelbooks are the best. This is one amazing deal! I have yet to see the live version.

17. Ronnie says:

My little nephew would love this! We watched the Lion King together and now he’s a fan of it as much as I am. <3

18. I really like the lion king movies. I need to visit Best Buy to get it for my movie night.

19. I had just asked my youngest son if he has seen the new Lion king yesterday. He said he hasn’t so my plan is to go to redbox and try to pick up the movie or another one depending on what is available.

20. Emily Zielinslki says:

I love the lion king!! always have since a child but the remake of the film was amazing!!

21. Marysa says:

I haven’t seen the new movie yet. This steelbook is pretty cool! This would be a fun idea for a special movie night.

22. Lion King is one of my fave movies of all time. I totally need to pick this up from Best Buy. I know we’ll enjoy it again and again!

23. Lisa Favre says:

I’m so excited that this edition is now available at Best Buy. I definitely have to pick it up for our collection.

24. Melanie Walsh says:

I just adored The Lion King! The CG was incredible, and I know I’ll fall in love with it even more being able to rewatch it. Can’t wait to pick up my copy!

25. Anna says:

I loved The Lion King as a child and really enjoyed the recent movie! John Oliver as Zazu was amazing!

26. Sondra Barker says:

My brother loves the original lion Lion King. I also love getting physical DVDs!

27. rika says:

I watched the older version and really enjoyed it. I can’t wait to pick up the DVD at Best Buy.

28. Lisa says:

I loved the original Lion King, but this is definitely a collector’s item. It also makes an excellent Christmas gift, so thank you for this idea!

29. Ruth I says:

I really like this movie! I think it’s me and my niece who would love the steel book the most!

30. Emmy says:

My son was just saying last night that he wants to see the live action one! Ordering this now!

31. I need to get this! We really enjoyed seeing this in the theater. It’s such a great movie.

32. Joy says:

I will definitely be getting that for my niece. Thank you for sharing this.

33. Hhhhmmmm….alright Shannon! If you say so.

34. I LOVED this movie! I thought it was so well done. I loved the imagery and I loved the added details to the story. I thought all the voices were perfect as well. I am so happy to own this beautiful steel book too.

35. I will have to find this and get it for my home! It’s such a class movie that can be watched so many times.

36. Dana Rodriguez says:

We haven’t seen this yet. I really like the packaging.

37. Vasu Devan says:

I love Lion King! It is good to know the DVDs are still available in this era of “everything online”.