Stroller Vs. Travel System: A Parent’s Buying Guide
This guest post was written in partnership with Best Car Seat Hub.
Stroller Frame Vs. Car Seat And Stroller Combo: Which Ones Should I Buy?
You can carry your baby easily when you’re out and about with either a stroller frame or a travel system. However, both have their sets of pros and cons that you should be aware of before deciding which one to purchase.
There are a lot of these baby travel companions available out there that comes with a wide range of features. That’s why it is essential to consider factors like which will be suitable for you and your family’s lifestyle so that you can further narrow down your choices.
Is There A Difference Between The Two?
Basically, stroller frames are is just that, frames where you can attach your infant’s safety car seat to create a stroller. Travel systems are a set comprising of a car seat and stroller sold as one. These baby equipment may also include extra bases for the car seat and other accessories.
Travel System And Its Pros And Cons
The best car safety seat and a sturdy stroller are baby essentials that any parent should invest in. A car seat will keep your baby secure during drives while a stroller will keep him safe whether you’re indoors or outdoors.
The popularity of car seat and stroller combo or better known as a travel system has increased in the past few years. Most strollers such as the Chicco strollers can cater a baby car seat, which means that you simply pop your safety seat from the base inside your vehicle and snap it into your stroller. You don’t need to unstrap it so you will not wake your little one up from his nap time. It’s a convenient baby gear that you can also use them from childbirth through your baby’s early childhood.
You also have an option to mix and match various models and brands to create your own car seat and stroller combo. However, there are some factors you need to consider for this such as your budget, lifestyle, and how you will transport your infant. If you’re always always bringing your baby with you in the car, then a travel system may be the best option for you.
- Comes in a wide array of configurations, prices, and styles, making it easy to find the right one for you and your baby.
- You will not disturb your angel from his sleep when getting him in and out of the car.
- The majority of models are jam-packed with features from storage space to cupholders.
- It usually includes a base that stays in the car.
- There are even some travel system models that come with convenient features like front trays that swing out and seats that fully recline for newborns.
- Once your baby outgrows the car seat, you will need to purchase another one.
- Travel system strollers are bulkier than regular strollers.
- They can also be heavier because of the added features making them inconvenient especially if you live in the city where there are flights of stairs in your apartment, or you have to take public transport.
- There are times when the quality of a component is compromised to make it more affordable.
Stroller Frame And Its Pros And Cons
If you’re having a hard time deciding which stroller to get or you only want something that your six months or older baby can use, you may find a stroller frame better than a classic stroller.
Stroller frames are lightweight, compact, and convenient. It can hold your infant car seat or something else entirely. There are various stroller frame models that can accommodate different car seats, but you will need to purchase extra components to attach a car seat into it.
Buying a separate infant safety seat and stroller frame is cheaper depending on which brand you’ll go for. There are car seat companies that manufacture them to go with their safety seats, while some only make stroller frames that can cater to a range of car seat brands. It will be helpful on your budget to try out various combinations.
- More compact and lighter than normal strollers.
- Depending on their overall actually, stroller frames usually offer better steering.
- More economical but still provides the conveniences that you’d get from a travel system.
- Most models also come with lovely features like cupholders, foldable by one hand, and built-in canopies.
- It can only carry children for up to 35 lbs or up to 12 months.
- Since it doesn’t have a seat, it offers limited functionality.
- Moving a 20 lbs or more baby in a car seat from it can be tiresome.
One thing to keep in mind is that a long with a car seat the actual car you are driving is integral to safety when you are in a crash. So, if you are driving an older car it might be a better idea to sell it to a service like Ecology Cash For Cars and upgrade to something newer and safer.
What type of stroller do you prefer to use?