Wonster Words: ABC Phonics & Spelling App Review
Today, on Redhead Mom, we’re talking about a cool app called Wonster Words:
ABC Phonics & Spelling, as part of a sponsored post.
As a mom, auntie and blogger, I love to find new apps for kids that are both fun and educational! I recently discovered a fun app for kids called Wonster Words: ABC Phonics & Spelling. Inspired by Sesame Street, Wonster Words is an award-winning iOS and Android game that helps kids learn to sound out words. It introduces basic word families and the 44 most common phonemes.
How does it work? In Wonster Words, kids play with animated letters to put together the words. These animated letters will sound out the phonics, gliding vowels, and consonant blends as they are being played. Once the words are complete, short animations and mini-games tell the story of the words via a group of adorable Wonster characters!
Wonster Words is a great app and is well-liked by parents and children alike. Not to mention it has won numerous awards including Parent’s Choice, Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice, National Parenting Product Award, etc. I personally love spelling and word games, so this app is a great one for teaching kids spelling and phonics while they’re having fun. In fact, they have so much fun they don’t even realize that they are learning!
Wonster Words Key Features
- Learn the ABC’s and Phonics and Spelling
- Fall in love with the adorable Wonster crew as they explore word families, phonemes, digraphs and more
- Silly animations reinforce word definitions in a fun and engaging way
- Hundreds of words, 12 word families and 12 original stories; frequent new content
- Encourages exploration and engagement without scoring, quizzing, limits, or stress
- Stories cover popular children’s themes including: birthdays, friendships, nature, space, and more
*NEW* for 2018 Holidays
- Introducing the interactive Wonster Island, an entirely new User Experience!!
- New educational biomes cover Phonics, Stories, Math, Science, Art and Music
- New engaging mini-games that reinforce puzzle topics
- 5 new original scores and silly ambiance throughout the app
- Vowels coming soon!
The Wonster Words app is ideal for children ages 3-6. Plus, it’s FREE (with in-app purchases)!! I definitely recommend this for anyone with little ones at home who would like to get a head start on spelling and phonics at home.
Have you checked out the Wonster Words: ABC Phonics & Spelling app?