Haylie Duff + Louise Roe Help Bring Back the Holidays with T.J.Maxx, Marshalls & HomeGoods
Last week, T.J.Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods launched their “Bring Back the Holidays” holiday campaign for its second year. With 73% of people wishing they had more meaningful moments with loved ones during the holidays, the brands are helping bring people together to focus on creating memories and traditions with family and friends. The brands have tapped both TV host and food blogger, Haylie Duff and lifestyle expert and author of ‘Front Roe – How to be The Leading Lady in Your Own Life’, Louise Roe to help as many people as possible create special holiday moments.
Haylie, a new mother, uses food and entertaining to bring people together during the holidays and has shared some of her personal recipes, entertaining tips, and family traditions that do just that.
T.J.Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods imagine a world where the holidays are filled with magic instead of madness, and doorbusters refers to loved ones rushing through the door to give you hugs instead of shoves. With nearly 70 percent of people agreeing the holidays have become too commercial, it’s clear they are yearning for that same joyous world as well.
This year, T.J.Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods have recruited the help of Cooking Channel host and Real Girl’s Kitchen author, Haylie Duff, and lifestyle expert and author of ‘Front Roe – How to be The Leading Lady in Your Own Life’, Louise Roe, to inspire others to bring back the holidays. Both Haylie and Louise will take to Instagram and Twitter to share tips, content and experiences to help create and inspire the moments that make the holidays so special, and bring people together this holiday season.
“The Holidays are a really special time for my family and I. We use them as an opportunity to take time to ourselves, drop all distractions and focus on one another – whether it’s making cookies with my daughter or sharing a special holiday meal with my family,” said Haylie. “That’s why I’m so excited to partner with T.J. Maxx, Marshalls and Home Goods to share our traditions and inspire others to do the same, so that they can create those priceless meaningful moments together.”
To kick off the holiday campaign, all T.J.Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods stores have helped raise money for over 140 food banks across the country, with 100% of the dollars raised going back to food banks in local communities. With the help of generous customers and The TJX Foundation, we will donate nearly $2 million dollars to help feed the hungry this holiday season.
Recognizing the importance of spending time with loved ones, all T.J.Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods stores will remain closed on Thanksgiving so that Associates can spend the holiday with their families.
“Our hope is to remind people what truly matters during the holidays. From snow ball fights to movie nights, it’s those memorable moments that make the season so special,” said Gina Bollus, spokesperson for T.J.Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods. “By offering thoughtful gifts at amazing prices every day, we encourage people to skip the sales, and shop on their own time so that they can focus on creating those precious moments with family and friends.”
Introducing the Bring Back the Holidays Heroes
Both Haylie Duff and Louise Roe are on a mission – to help as many people as possible create moments that make the holidays so special.
Spreading Unexpected Holiday Joy (Dec 5– Dec 16): Louise Roe will offer tips and advice to encourage and inspire people to spread unexpected joy to those who least expect it this Holiday season!
- To participate in the contest from Dec 5 – Dec 16, followers are invited to share with T.J. Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods those people who aren’t on their usual list, but this year, deserve a gift. Use #BringBackHolidays and #contest via text or photo to be entered for a chance to win a 15 minute consultation with Louise on how to select, and receive, the perfect gift for those who don’t expect it!
Haylie Duff’s Advice For Personal Yet Simple Holiday Entertaining
- Preparing Thanksgiving dinner is definitely a family affair in the Duff household. We all have assigned roles to contribute to the meal so it makes the day even more special because we’re
spending time in the kitchen, creating something together.
- Wine is always the go-to hostess gift during the holiday season. Think outside the bottle this year! Try gifting something the entire family can enjoy together – a fondue set, a fun board game, or a cookbook that also serves as a coffee table book. I love shopping at T.J.Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods stores because they have such great finds and unique gifts.
- A holiday-themed centerpiece is an excellent way to dress your table for the holidays because it serves as a focal point for your meal. It can be a simple display of gold and silver candles, or something more elaborate involving garland, ornaments, florals, and even fruits and vegetables.
- If table-scaping has you overwhelmed with possibilities, it can be helpful to first select a theme. Into the Woods, Merry Metallics, Gilded Traditions– whatever you choose, follow your theme through from the napkin holders and place cards, to the centerpiece and tablecloth. One of the reasons why I love shopping at T.J.Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods stores is because I can always find unique finds perfect for the look and feel I decide to go for.
- Adorning your bedroom with a few decorations of its own will make your entire home feel even more festive. A glass vase of poinsettias, a miniature tree, or holiday flannel sheets for the kids’ beds are all great ways to spread holiday cheer throughout the whole house.
- I love how scents can trigger certain memories, and want to create Holiday memories for all who visit my home. Burning scented candles, freshly baked cookies, warm apple cider or a turkey roasting in the oven are some great ways to create a seasonal aroma that will ensure to evoke memories of time spent with family.
- Every year on Christmas Eve, my husband and I exchange one gift, and it’s always the same: a Christmas ornament for our tree! We try to pick one out for each other that holds some significance from the year we’ve had. I always look forward to that gift exchange because the ornaments bring back wonderful memories from the past year. It’s a tradition that I cherish even more now that we are also selecting ornaments for Ryan, too!
For more information, visit our stores on twitter at @TJMaxx, @Marshalls and @HomeGoods, and to view the commercial, visit the YouTube Page.
What is your favorite holiday tip that Haylie Duff offered?
I am always having problems trying to figure out how to decorate my table and Haylie’s tips on
table-scaping has me excited. She suggest use a theme and follow it through. Good idea!
What beautiful decorations here. I love decorating for the holidays. I love to shop at both TJ Maxx and Marshalls. You never know what you will find. I hope to create great holiday memories this year.