Get Baby Safe with the Great Trade-In Event at Babies”R”Us + Giveaway
From the moment you find out you’re welcoming a child into your family and home, you want to do everything you can to protect him or her. I remember how important my children‘s car seats were from the time they were newborns coming home from the hospital to taking them to school the safest way possible. I also remember how important it was to check your car seats and make sure they weren’t damaged in any way or expired. I also wanted to make sure I had the safest and best car seat on the market.
Being that it is still winter and there are hazardous road conditions because of the weather, it’s even more important that we are purchasing the appropriate gear for our families (car seats, strollers, etc.). It’s important to purchase items based on weight/height, as well as ensuring proper installation and ensuring the products our children are using are not expired. After reading the following vehicle crash statistics, you can see why it’s so important to have a good car seat.
- Rollovers have a higher fatality rate than other kinds of crashes.
- Of the nearly 9.1 million passenger car, SUV, pickup and van crashes in 2010, only 2.1% involved a rollover.
- Rollovers accounted for nearly 35% of all fatalities from passenger vehicle crashes in 2010.
Babies“R”Us and Evenflo, both advocates in child product safety, have come together to announce the newest innovation in car seat safety – the SafeMax All-in-One Car Seat from Evenflo, now available at Babies“R”Us stores nationwide and online. Designed and tested for structural integrity at energy levels approximately twice the federal crash test standard, the SafeMax™ All-in-One is the first car seat that has been dynamically rollover tested. Evenflo is once again leading the industry with the development of a dynamic ROLLOVER TEST.
The SafeMax™ All-in-One Car Seat is appropriate for infants and children from 5 to 120 lbs or up to 57 inches in height, in three positions – rear facing, forward facing and booster seating. In addition to rollover testing, the SafeMax™ All-in-One Car Seat features an integrated steel frame to provide strength in absorbing crash forces and harness webbing to help limit head excursion and prevent ejection, as well as the following securities:
SafeZone™ Headrest: A combination of premium materials designed to absorb and dissipate crash forces, providing advanced protection where your child needs it most.
ParentLink® PREMIER Service: Provides owners access to expert advice, including live video installation service with a certified car seat technician. [FYI – this is VERY cool! You can video chat with a safety expert to ensure your car seat is PROPERLY INSTALLED in your vehicle, and ask questions about the proper fit for your child!]
e3 Side Impact™ Protection: Significantly reduces side impact crash forces up to 50% through an expanded zone of protection and three layers of superior protection.
OUTLAST® Performance Fabric: Exclusive to Babies“R”Us, this fabric balances a child’s body temperature for a safer, more peaceful ride.
GREAT TRADE-IN EVENT
One of my favorite places to purchase car seats and gear for our children is Babies“R”Us and the popular “Great Trade-In” event is back!! The event takes place at Babies“R”Us and Toys“R”Us stores nationwide! Through this national safety event, Toys“R”Us, Inc. provides consumers with its latest call to action to rid their homes of potentially unsafe, old and secondhand baby gear and furniture in exchange for savings on a new item that meets the latest safety standards.
Here’s what you need to know:
- When will this event take place?
- Monday, February 1 through Monday, February 29
- New this year, Rewards“R”Us loyalty members can take advantage of early access beginning Friday, January 29 through Sunday, January 31 by showing their Rewards“R”Us loyalty card during checkout
- What items are accepted?
- Any used cribs, car seats, bassinets, strollers, high chairs, infant swings, bouncers, travel systems, walkers, entertainers, play yards and toddler/twin beds
- What are the saving opportunities?
- 25% savings with trade-in of a used gear or furniture item*
- 30% discount when using an “R”Us Credit Card**
- No trade-in? No problem! 15% off with an in-store and online coupon available on Babiesrus.com/GreatTradeIn starting February 1*
- There is no limit to the number of items a customer can trade in
- What brands are participating in this national safety event?
- Baby Trend®, Britax®, Chicco®, Evenflo®, Graco®, Safety 1st®, Sorelle™ and more
To learn more, please visit Babiesrus.com/GreatTradeIn.
1.1 Million Trade-Ins and Counting
Since August 2009, the company’s Great Trade-In event has resulted in the removal of more than 1.1 million pieces of used and potentially unsafe cribs, car seats and more from homes, garages and attics nationwide.
As the world’s leading dedicated baby products retailer, Babies“R”Us is committed to helping parents keep kids safe. “R”Us® stores feature gear and furniture with the newest innovations and products that meet or exceed current national safety standards.
Don’t Forget to Install Your Car Seat Correctly
Car Seat Installation – it’s so important that parents install their children’s car seats correctly. Evenflo’s ParentLink PREMIERE Service gives Evenflo car seat owners access to live video chat help when installing their car seat.
When in doubt, ASK! Visit http://www.safercar.gov/cpsApp/cps/index.htm to find a car seat inspection station near you.
1 lucky winner will receive a $50 Babies“R”Us/Toys“R”Us Gift Card!!!
What is the most important thing you look at when it comes to buying a car seat?