2016 Mazda CX-5 Car Review
I love to drive and Frank loves to drive too. Recently, we headed to Las Vegas for CES 2016. It was my first time going to the conference and I can say that I’ve never experienced anything quite like it before. Thanks to DriveShop, we were able to drive in the 2016 Mazda CX-5. Not only did it get good gas mileage, but it was comfortable too!
This was definitely a good vehicle for a long road trip. It’s about a 7 hour drive from Nipomo, California to Las Vegas, Nevada, so comfort is really important. I loved that it had heated seats (yes!) and a power moonroof. Not to mention lots of storage space in the trunk, rear privacy glass and push button engine start. I thought the car was fun looking, comfortable and loved that we got good gas mileage on it for our long drive. Fuel economy on this vehicle averaged 29 MPG (26 MPG in the city and 33 MPG on the highway).
Features on the 2016 Mazda CX-5
- SKYACTIV-G 2.5L Engine
- SKYACTIV-Drive 6SPD Sport Mode AT
- 184 Horsepower; 185 LB-FT Torque
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
- Electric Power Assisted Steering
- Independent Front/Rear Suspension
- Front & Rear Stabilizer Bars
- 19-inch Alloy Wheels
- P225/55 R19 All-Season Tires
- Variable Rain-Sensing Wipers
- Fixed-Intermittent Rear Wiper
- Heated Power Mirrors w/ Turn Lamps
- Rear Privacy Glass
- Auto-On/Off Halogen Headlights
- Fog Lamps/Daytime Running Lights
- Roof Spoiler & Shark Fin Antenna
- Power Moonroof
- 5-Passenger Seating
- Tilt & Telescopic Steering Column
- Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel w/ Audio/Cruise/Bluetooth Controls
- Power Automatic Door Locks
- Power Windows w/ Driver One-Touch
- Leather Trimmed Sport Seats
- 8-Way Power Driver’s Seat
- Driver Power Lumbar Support
- Manual Passenger Seat Lifter
- Heated Front Seats
- Mid w/ Trip Computer
- Advanced Keyless Entry System
- Electronic Parking Brake
- Push Button Engine Start
- Dual Zone Auto Climate Control
- BOSE AM/FM/CD/MP3/SAT 9-SPK
- HD Radio/Aux Jack/2 USB Input
- Bluetooth Hands Free Phone/Audio
- 7″ Color Touch-Screen Display
- Multi-Function Commander Control
- Rearview Camera
- Dual Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
- Center Armrest w/ Covered Storage
- 40/20/40 Split Fold-Down RR Seat
- Rear Seat Center Armrest
- Carpeted Floor Mats
Safety and Security Features
- 60MO/60K MI Powertrain & 36MO/36K MI Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty
- 24-Hour Roadside Assistance
- 5-Passenger 3-Point Safety Belts
- Latch Child Safety Seat Anchors
- Anti-Theft Engine Immobilizer
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Blind Spot Monitoring
- SKYACTIV Body-Ring Structure
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS with EBD & Brake Assist)
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Hill Launch Assist
- Advanced Dual Front Airbags
- Front Side-Impact Air Bags
- Front & Rear Side Air Curtains
- Cargo Tray
- Soul Red Paint Charge
- Pre-Delivery Inspection – Lease/PR
- Rear Bumper Guard
- Retractable Cargo Cover
- Wheel Locks
- ULEV II Emissions Equipment
- Sirius Satellite Radio
- GI I-ACTIVESENSE Package
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control
- Smart Brake Support
- Lane Departure Warning
- High Beam Control
- Grand Touring Tech Package
- Navigation System
- LED Headlights
- Adaptive Front Lighting
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- LED Foglights
- LED Combination Taillights
- Smart City Brake Support
- Auto-Dim Mirror w/ Homelink
Overall, I really liked this car. It was comfortable, sporty-looking and was great with the gas mileage, especially for long trips. The 2016 Mazda CX-5 retails for $28,220 and with the optional equipment and Delivery/Processing/Handling Fee retails for $32,834. A big thanks to DriveShop for providing this vehicle for our review.
What features do you like about the 2016 Mazda CX-5? What features do you look for when driving long distances?
[…] post 2016 Mazda CX-5 Car Review appeared first on The […]
What a great looking vehicle! The interior looks amazing and very comfortable!
It has a Bose system in it? Wow I need a new card a couple months I’m going to have to put this one high on my list just for that Sound system.
How beautiful! We like to take mini road trips so comfort and additional space is a must for us. I love the gas mileage the vehicle is able to get, the heated seats, and we love having a moonroof. We are in the process of looking for a new car, adding this to our “test drive” list. Thank you for sharing your adventure!
I’m really loving the safety features in the cx 5. I would definitely consider one of these for the family car.
That’s really a nice looking car! We don’t take many long distance driving trips but it’s nice to have all that space and be so comfortable.
Nice car! It is great to read reviews like this. Buying a car is a major decision. Thanks for sharing.
My dad has a 2015 one and loves it. He raves about it actually.
That looks like one awesome car! We will definitely keep it in mind when buying our next vehicle!
This looks like a great car/SUV!! I think gas mileage and storage are two things that will influence my decision on buying a car these days.
The car looks amazing. I’ve never driven a Mazda. A car with a good gas mileage is always a plus for me.
What an awesome car perfect for the family road trip. We need a car its so hard to go in some place with the two kids and many things that need to bring.
Looks roomy enough for a small family. I love the fuel efficiency of the car and all the added features. Thanks for the review. Awesome car!
That’s a beautiful car. I love the interior. The white car seats are beautiful. I would love to be able to have a car like this. I think it would be nice for my family.
That is one nice looking car. I have never driven a Mazda, but I have heard they handle very well. So pretty, I love the seating.
This looks a lot like my Rav 4. I love it, so much room and the perfect shape. I don’t know how moms did all of their shopping back in the day before SUV’s.
Looks like a very sound and solid vehicle! I really like the retractable cargo cover! It keeps individuals from seeing what you have stored in the back if you have to park in public! Thanks for sharing the review on it!
I have been looking for a new car. I will have to take the 2016 Mazda CX-5 for a test drive. I love all the features it has.
I am loving all the space and that red, is gorgeous! Definitely a car I plan on checking out.
This looks like a super nice car. We are going to be in the market for a new SUV soon. This might be a great option for us.
wow this is a really nice car!
I love the interiror design of the Mazda. It’s not big enough for my family but this would be great for small family.
That looks really nice! Love it. We recently bought a KIA Sorrento with much the same features and the look of that vehicle and our new vehicle are very similar as well.
That looks like a really nice car. I love the color it and all the cool features.
I love SUVs and that one is really nice. I love all the features especially the safety and security features.
I am a huge fan of Mazda’s! They’re fabulous family cars and so roomy which is perfect for the very long drive to grandmas!
Spacious looking car! I love that it has heated seats. I live in Montreal and it can get really cold during the winter so heated seats would be awesome!!
That car is so fancy! I love the interior and it would be an awesome road trip car!