The Omni Diet Book By: Tana Amen, B.S.N., R.N. + Giveaway
Every time I turn on the television or look on the internet, there is always a new fad diet, diet workout, diet book, or diet “secret.” The truth is, who doesn’t want to loose a few extra (maybe 20) pounds, or fit back into their high school skinny jeans. I know I do, but I don’t like the “D” word…Diet…
What I do like about this book is that even though it claims to be a “diet book,” it truly is more about a lifestyle change where not only will you loose body fat, but it cleanses your whole body from the inside out. Inflammation, diseases, allergies, they will all be affected by this 70% Plant + 30% Protein Program.
In this book, Tana Amen, the author, teaches us about foods to choose, foods to loose, health boosters, the Omni Diet Program, and gives us some recipes to follow. I liked learning about how adding various herbs and spices can heal or aid our bodies in different areas. For instance, “Marjoram promotes healthy digestion and can soothe minor digestive upsets. A great source of Vitamin K, marjoram has been associated with preventing Alzheimer’s disease by decreasing neuronal damage.” I find this so fascinating.
About the Author
Tana Amen is a registered nurse, health and fitness expert, nationally renowned speaker and nutritional consultant and coach for the wildly popular Daniel Plan. By the time she had reached her mid-30s, Tana Amen had nearly given up on good health. Through a lifetime of chronic medical ailments, including severe digestive issues, recurrent infections and, most devastatingly, a battle with thyroid cancer, there was never a point when Tana felt consistently healthy. Doctors ascribed her poor health to genetics, bad luck, and a family history of obesity and heart disease. But even when Tana committed to a standard fitness and eating regimen, her health failed to improve.That’s when she realized that she needed to make a real change. She needed to figure out how to improve her health . . . for good.
The Omni Diet is the culmination of a decade-long quest by Tana Amen to study the relationship between food and the body, and to understand how proper nutrition not only impacts weight loss, but actually holds the key to reversing chronic disease, decreasing inflammation, healing the body, and dramatically improving quality of life.
What is The Omni Diet?
It’s an easy-to-follow plan based on a 70/30 plant-to-protein model. This is not a restrictive diet or another page in the high-protein vs. vegetarian diet wars, but a universal map to better health, one that Tana has distilled into a lean six-week program. It offers a simple plan that provides an abundance of illness-fighting nutrients from plant-based foods and high-quality protein to keep the brain sharp and muscles and organs functioning at peak condition. The balance of 70% plant-based foods and 30% protein restores energy, slashes risk of disease, optimizes brain and hormone functioning, produces dramatic weight loss, and promotes health from the inside out.
With delicious and satisfying recipes, easy-to-follow exercises, and important advice and tips, you will see results — in your weight and overall health – immediately. Follow this revolutionary, paradigm-shifting plan and experience its life-changing results as you unleash the healing power of food.
“The Omni Diet is a thoughtful, practical approach to eating. Discover delicious, wholesome food that benefits you health for good.” – Mehmet Oz, MD
The Omni Diet is about abundance not deprivation! This revolutionary diet offers three, two-week phases, followed by a maintenance plan, including delicious recipes and important advice, such as how to mimic longevity-inducing calorie restriction without drastically cutting calories.
A few of Tana’s appearances include:
• NBC’s TODAY show
• The Doctors
• Joy Behar on SAY ANYTHING!
• ABC’s Emmy Nominated “Recipe Rehab”
• The Daniel Plan at Saddleback Church
• High Performance Brains- Brendan Buchard
• Brain Power For Success Global Health Summit- Jim Kwik
• Superhero You
• The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center in Anaheim, California
• Institute for the Advancement of Human Behavior
• Girl’s Inc.
• The Omega Institute
• The Great Parenting Show
• Genius Mom’s
• Want Institute in Newport Beach, California
• Beacon House Drug Rehabilitation Center in Monterrey
She shares healthy eating tips and answers questions from The Amen Solution online community via her blog on www.AmenClinics.com. She has been quoted in AARP Magazine, been a guest author for GNC LiveWell Magazine, appeared on Sirius XM’s Martha Stewart Living Radio and Food & Wine with Chef Jamie Gwen on Southern California’s KFWB talk radio, and It’s Your Health on KMBH Public Radio with Lisa Davis.
Be sure to follow Tana Amen on Twitter for new products and information.
1 lucky winner on The Mommy-Files will win a copy of The Omni Diet!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment why you would like to win this giveaway.
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Share the giveaway on Facebook – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to The Mommy-Files YouTube Channel – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Pinterest – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Instagram – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 2 ENTRIES per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on August 20th, 2013! Any entries after this time will be disqualified!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.