P&G Conserve-It-All Program #EverydayEffect
Earth Day only happens once a year, but we as Earth inhabitants can celebrate Earth Day all year long! Many people think their everyday actions are ordinary, and that the things they do every day can’t make a difference to help the environment. P&G believes the most effective changes don’t necessarily start with grand acts and can actually start much closer to home. We can change things simply by changing the way we think about things like waste.
Seemingly ordinary actions can include washing your laundry in lower temperatures, doing the dishes with concentrated products or changing a diaper that uses thinner materials. It’s surprising what a huge help these ordinary things can be to the world we share. Plus, it allows us all to reduce waste!
So, how does our family help to celebrate Earth Day all year long? Here are a few things we do:
1. We have a trash can AND a recycle bin in our kitchen. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve had to dig through our kitchen trash can to pull out the bottles or cans that were thrown into the trash by guests (or kids) because we didn’t have a recycle bin. Well, now we have a recycle bin and it makes life so much easier – plus it reduces the amount of waste we throw out!
2. We use reusable grocery bags instead of buying paper bags at the grocery store. In our county, we now have to pay for paper bags rather than getting plastic bags, like we have done for a long time. To cut down on waste and cost, we invested in reusable shopping bags – which we use at the grocery store, big box store, or pretty much anywhere we purchase items. They are easy to store, wash and maintain, plus we don’t have to worry about them ripping or groceries falling out of them when we come home from the store.
3. We take advantage of the FREE Recycling bins that come with our trash service. With our local trash company, we get a complimentary recycle bin that comes with the monthly purchase of the trash can. It makes it so much easier to recycle boxes, paper products and other items that we don’t take the recycling place.
4. We get paid to recycle! That’s right – you know that CRV fee you pay (may be different depending on where you live)? We like to get some of that money back by taking our bottles and cans to the Recycling place. We can either get cash for it or use it towards the purchase of groceries. Pretty cool, huh?
5. We use an Energy Efficient Washer & Dryer to do our laundry. Last year, I had the awesome opportunity to review a Whirlpool Front Loading Washer & Dryer Duet Set. Not only can I do larger loads of laundry, but it uses less energy and water!
Now that you know a few of the ways we help to celebrate Earth Day all year long, I want to know how you help the Earth! If you haven’t started yet, now is the time to get involved. What do you do to help the environment in your home and family?
This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks and P&G. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.