Hilton HHonors Teacher Treks Travel Grant Competition
I’m in 4th grade. I’m given the assignment to replicate the Mission San Juan Capistrano. With my parents’ help, I build a model out of Plaster of Paris, twigs, and small toy figures. I present my project to my teacher and she responds with a huge smile! The next month, we visit the Mission San Juan Capistrano. Those memories will forever be a part of me. Her name was Mrs. LeFort and if I had the opportunity to nominate a teacher for the Hilton HHonors TeacherTreks Travel Grant Competition, I would nominate her!
ABOUT THE HILTON HHONORS TEACHER TREKS TRAVEL GRANT COMPETITION
Hilton HHonors, the loyalty program for Hilton Worldwide’s 10 distinct hotel brands, has announced the 30 finalists of its Teacher Treks Travel Grant Competition. Now through April 30, 2013, the public can vote for their favorite finalist at www.hhonors.com/TeacherTreks to help determine the 15 winning entries.
The Hilton HHonors Teacher Treks Program will fund 15 teachers to travel and to experience first-hand the subject they teach, enriching their curriculum and inspiring students to explore the world. Hilton HHonors developed the program in partnership with the Institute of International Education (IIE) a world leader in the international exchange and administrator of the prestigious Fullbright Scholarship. The program is part of Hilton Worldwide’s Travel with Purpose commitment to celebrating cultures and the power of travel to build stronger communities.
Hilton Worldwide has long believed in the power of travel to bring people together and foster greater understanding between countries. As nurturers of future generations of travelers, teachers play an important role in spreading understanding of other cultures and can have a profound impact on their students’ lives. Hilton HHonors is giving teachers a passport to see the world and bring their experiences back to the classroom through Teacher Treks.
A panel of judges, including K-12 teachers and other education experts selected by IIE, narrowed the competition down to 30 finalists from 20 different states. As organized as their lesson plans, the applicants mapped out their travel dreams by detailing creative and engaging itineraries, a few of which included:
– Discovering how Shakespearean theater resonates with different European cultures.
– Attending the 4th Annual Korea Wind Band Festival in Seoul to better understand the methodology and instrumentation of international wind bands.
– Learning how Shanghai became the global leader of math by participating in a week-long Math Olympiad program in China.
– Winners: 15 winners will receive a grant valued at $6,000 to travel to a destination of their choice; in addition to the trip, each winning teachers’ school will also receive a $2,500 grant to use for cultural activities or enhancements.
– Runners-up: 15 runners-up will each receive a $2,500 grant for their school to use for cultural activities or enhancements.
– One winner from all submissions will receive a cultural excursion for their classroom valued at $1,500.
– From those that voted in the Teacher Treks competition, 10 random winners will receive one Hilton HHonors Gift Card valued at $250.
Individuals can cast one vote per day during the duration of the voting period. For more information on the 30 finalists, voting or for full Terms and Conditions, please visit www.hhonors.com/TeacherTreks. Winners will be announced in May 2013.
Be sure to join the Hilton HHonors Program and start earning points for your travel.
This is a sponsored post from our friends at Hilton HHonors as part of the Global Influence Campaign. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.