Sweeten Your Holiday Recipes with a Natural Sweetener + Fudgy Brownies Recipe
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Truvia® Natural Sweetener for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
The holiday season is here and baking is in the air. With the holidays, I love to bake lots of yummy treats, but they tend to be high in calories and sugar. If you are the same way and are looking for a way to still bake those yummy treats, but with fewer calories and less sugar, you’ll want to check Truvia® Natural Sweetener. If you’re unsure of what you can bake with Truvia® Natural Sweetener, just check out their website – there are lots of recipes!
My family loves brownies and I found a great one for Reduced Sugar Fudgy Brownies with Truvia® Natural Sweetener. Here are the ingredients and instructions:
3 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
1⁄4 cup canola oil
2 large eggs
3 1⁄2 Tbsp Truvia® natural sweetener spoonable (or 12 packets)
1⁄4 cup white granulated sugar
1⁄2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp skim milk
3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
1⁄2 tsp baking powder
1. Assemble all ingredients.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Place baking chocolate, butter and canola oil in a large microwaveable bowl. Heat for 30 seconds; stir. Repeat and stir to melt the chocolate.
4. Whisk together the eggs, Truvia® Natural Sweetener, sugar, salt, vanilla and milk in a separate small bowl.
5. Add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
6. Sift together the flour and baking powder.
7. Fold flour mixture into the chocolate mixture using a rubber scraper, until just combined. Do not over mix.
8. Pour batter into an 8×8 square pan.
9. Bake for 22-25 minutes. Do not over bake.
10. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack for at least 20 minutes.
11. Cut into squares.
The Truvia® Baking Blend is designed for easy at-home baking and is a blend of Truvia® Natural Sweetener and sugar. Truvia® Baking Blend provides sugar-like taste and texture in recipes, but with 75% fewer calories and twice the amount of sweetness than sugar.
Baked goods made with Truvia® Natural Sweetener will have sugar-like texture and moistness and will bake and brown like recipes that are made with sugar. One 1.5 pound bag of Truvia® Baking Blend has equivalent sweetness to 3 pounds of sugar, which is approximately 7 cups – enough to make 13 pies, 9 batches of cookies or 6 batches of brownies. Truvia® Baking Blend is available at retail stores nationwide in a 1.5 pound bag with a closeable, easy-to-use pour spout. Pick up some Truvia® Natural Sweetener today!
Visit the Truvia® website for more tips and information on Truvia® Baking Blend
Woot, Gonna have to share this with our oldest teen who likes to cook for his friends for his weekend game nights here. Have to test them out and see what their reaction will be and if they notice any difference. I have not tried Truvia yet, but will be soon. Thank You for sharing.
Yummy! I like to reduce the eggs from the brownies I make and add flaxseed instead.
I failed miserably on my fist stab at brownies, but these look delicious. If I can nail them.. maybe I’ll have a perfected brownie for the holidays.