Energizer Helps Prepare You with a Family Safety Kit + Giveaway
Natural disasters are scary and often cause us to focus our attention on our own family and how prepared we are for an emergency situation. I don’t know about you, but my Emergency Kit for my family needs to be updated. I have recently updated some of our first aid kits, but our 24 Hour Kits need help! Thanks to Energizer, we received a Family Safety Kit to start the process.
It was just a few weeks ago that we turned our clocks back for Daylight Savings Time. This most recent time change marked the 25th anniversary of the annual Change Your Clock Change Your Battery program. Energizer and the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) are once again working with local fire departments nationwide to raise awareness on the importance of working smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors in helping to keep families safe in their homes.
Did you know that thirty-eight percent of fatal fire injuries occur in homes with no smoke alarms, while 24 percent occur in homes in which at least one smoke alarm is present but fails to operate, frequently due to dead or missing batteries? That is a really scary statistic! Remember to change you the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors when you set your clocks back. If you didn’t change batteries at the last time change, be sure to do so as soon as possible. It could help save a life!
“In the past 25 years, the number of home fire deaths has substantially decreased,” said Chief Hank Clemmensen, IAFC president and chairman of the board. . “That success is mostly thanks to the thousands of hours—every year for 25 years—that local fire departments have dedicated to improving the safety environment through technology, policy and, especially, public education efforts like the Change Your Clock Change Your Battery® program. But the world does not stand still, local fire department budgets are shrinking, many people still don’t have a basic baseline of protection from smoke alarms, and we must keep pace with changes in technology and the built environment, It’s still vital that homes be equipped with working smoke detectors in order to give families those critical extra seconds to escape.”
“We began the Change Your Clock Change Your Battery® program with the IAFC 25 years ago to do our part in helping to keep families safe, “said Michelle Atkinson, Vice President of Marketing for Energizer North America. “Today it’s amazing to look back and see how the more than four million batteries donated through hundreds of neighborhood canvasses has translated to countless lives being saved. It’s another example of our philosophy of – that’s positivenergy brought to life. We are grateful to the IAFC, local fire departments across the country and this year Cal Ripken, Jr. for helping us share this message and make a positive impact.”
Ripken, known as the Energizer Bunny® of baseball for his record of consecutive games played (2,632!), has worked with Energizer for the past seven years to honor people and programs that celebrate positivity and make a difference.
“Being able to raise awareness for efforts that are making a positive impact is a passion of mine,” said Ripken, who is the founder of his own nonprofit created in honor of his dad called the Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation. “I’m honored to join Energizer, the International Association of Fire Chiefs and firefighters nationwide on a program geared toward helping families stay safe at home.”
In Chicago, Ripken will lead the first of the neighborhood canvasses with fire officials who will conduct fire safety inspections and distribute Family Safety Kits, stocked with products designed to help keep homes safe including smoke detectors, Energizer® MAX® batteries and Energizer® Weatheready® flashlights.
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a Family Safety Kit complete with a reusable grocery tote containing:
– One 2-packs of 9volt Energizer MAX Batteries with Power Seal Technology – Dependable, powerful performance for the devices that help keep your family safe; now hold their charge when stored for up to 5 years.
– One Energizer Flameless Wax Candle – Enjoy the realistic flicker of a scented wax candle without the worry of open flame or hassle of soot and dripping wax.
– One Energizer® Weatheready® Safety Light – Waterproof flashlight powered by AA, AAA or C cell batteries; includes safety whistle and imprinted preparedness checklist
– One Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm
The total value of the Family Safety Kit is approximately $78 per kit.
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment when you last changed the batteries in your smoke alarm or carbon monoxide detector.
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Follow Energizer on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of Energizer on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Share the giveaway on Facebook – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Subscribe to my blog (email subscription below) – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to The Mommy-Files YouTube Channel – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Pinterest – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on December 12th, 2012! Any entries after this time will be disqualified!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a prize pack from Energizer to facilitate this review. The giveaway was sponsored by Energizer. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.
The winner of the giveaway is Clarissa N!!! Congratulations!!!