Ragú & The Long Day of Childhood +Giveaway
I remember as a kid, sitting around the dinner table, talking about our day and eating Ragú with Spaghetti….and loved it! The memories I associate with Ragú are happy and positive memories, and created bonding experiences with members of my family. Filling my tummy with warm spaghetti and my heart with good memories – Ragú was and is a part of my and my family’s life.
Families everywhere are enjoying the same experience that I just described. They are striving to make their children’s Long Day of Childhood a little better with Ragú. This year, Ragú launched their first national TV campaign (youtube.com.ragu) which entails light-hearted portrayals of kids’ troubles and what parents do as they try to make their children’s Long Day of Childhood a little better – with special family time and wholesome meals they love.
Parents listen to their children’s stories of the often unavoidable challenging moments of being a kid – and relate with memories of their own experiences when they were a kid. This humorous ad campaign has already sparked significant conversation and engagement via both Facebook and Twiiter.
Ragú is encouraging consumers everywhere to share their kids’ stories of their Long Days of Childhood on Facebook.com/ragusauce. Ragú is featuring select stories on their Facebook page – a robust community of more than 1 million fans.
To bring a little warmth to your house with a twist, Ragú has created a recipe for Spaghetti Tacos. Pretty interesting, right? Well, here it is!
2 cups Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
12 taco shells, heated
– Heat Pasta Sauce in 1-quart saucepan or microwave-safe bowl. Toss with hot spaghetti.
– Serve in warm taco shells and, if desired, with additional heated Pasta Sauce, shredded lettuce, shredded mozzarella cheese and grated parmesan cheese.
To beef it up…simply add 1 lb. browned ground beef to 1 jar heated Ragu® Old World Style Pasta Sauce, toss with hot spaghetti and serve as above.
Recipe Serves: 6
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 5 min
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a Ragú Prize Pack, including Ragú product and a $25 American Express gift card!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Head over to the Ragú Facebook Page and share your story. Be sure to include in your comment on Facebook that you are coming from The Mommy-Files. Then leave a link from your story on Facebook in the comment below!
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog (email subscription below) – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, October 7th, 2012! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a prize pack from Ragú for my participation in this campaign. The giveaway was sponsored by Ragú. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.