“Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Magic of Mothers and Daughters” Book Review + Giveaway
May is the month in which we think of and honor the mothers in our lives. May is also the perfect month to pick up a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Magic of Mothers & Daughters. This is a great book, including 101 Inspirational and Entertaining Stories about that special bond that mothers and daughters share. You can purchase a copy of this book at your local bookstore or online, retailing for $14.95.
There is something unique about a mother and daughter – the way they look and act alike, their common interests, their mutual respect and admiration – and these 101 stories celebrate that loving relationship. You will be inspired and entertained by these stories about:
– mothers and daughters of all ages
– the bond between mothers and daughters
– how mothers and daughters become best friends
– the changing roles of mothers and daughters as they move through the stages of life
– the magical, mysterious similarities between them
– becoming mothers through adoption and step-parenting
– the lessons mothers and daughters learn from each other
– A Daughter’s Love
– Rites of Passage
– A Mother’s Love
– The Face in the Mirror
– Family by Choice
– Away We Go!
– Learning from Each Other
– Healing and Second Chances
– What Goes Around Comes Around
– Dreams Fulfilled
If you’re looking for a book that talks about the bond shared between mothers and daughters, then this is the book for you! It’s a great book for either a mother to give to her daughter or for a daughter to give to her mother. My favorite sections of the book were “A Mother’s Love” and “The Face in the Mirror.” A big thanks goes to Chicken Soup for the Soul Publishing for another great book in the series!
3 lucky readers on The Mommy-Files will win a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Magic of Mothers & Daughters!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment a special moment you shared with your mother or a mom-figure in your life….or tell me how you are like your own mom!
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Follow Chicken Soup for the Soul on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of Chicken Soup for the Soul on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog (email subscription) – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, May 27th, 2012! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a copy of “Chicken Soup for the Soul: Food and Love” from Chicken Soup for the Soul Publishing to facilitate this review. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.