“The Muppets” Now on Blu-ray and DVD!!!
I was really looking forward to watching The Muppets with my boys when it came to Blu-ray and DVD and then, one day, it arrived on my doorstep. I was probably more excited than my boys to watch it because it was a show I watched when I was a kid. We watched it with a friend of mine and her kids and we all LOVED it!
ABOUT THE MUPPETS
One of the year’s best-loved family comedies and among the best reviewed films of 2011, Disney’s The Muppets, starring Jason Segel, Academy Award-nominee Amy Adams, and favorite celebrity couple Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy — debuted March 20 on Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, Digital Download and On-Demand formats. A must-own movie the entire family can enjoy, Disney’s The Muppets in-home release includes the DVD and music soundtrack packaged together and also offered as the ultimate Muppets experience, a ‘Wocka-Wocka Value Pack, which contains the movie on Blu-ray high definition, DVD and Digital Copy (three discs), plus a download card which allows fans to own all the songs from the film’s hugely popular soundtrack.
Disney’s “The Muppets” Blu-ray Combo Pack, with its flawless picture and pitch perfect sound, comes with a fantastic slate of bonus content including the laugh out loud “The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History––We Think).” The exciting release also includes the hilarious featurette “A Little Screen Test on the Way to the Read Through,” which follows Jason Segel, Kermit, The Great Gonzo, Fozzie Bear, Miss Piggy and others asthey get ready for the first day of production, and much more fun.
“Blu-ray is a great way to bring the Muppets into your home without having to worry about cleaning up after us,” said Kermit the Frog, commenting on the announcement. “And the behind-the-scenes extras are a revealing tell-all look at what it took to bring our movie to the big screen. It’s a must-see for fans of bloopers, flubs and slip-ups – which pretty much describes our act.”
Miss Piggy is equally thrilled at the movie’s Blu-ray release, “Now you can watch moi whenever you want! Ooh! Lucky vous!”
Additional fun-filled features on Disney’s “The Muppets” Blu-ray include a groundbreaking industry first — ‘Disney Intermission,’ a hilarious all-new feature that allows viewers to press Pause on their remote control and watch as the Muppets take over the screen and entertain until the movie resumes playing. The release also includes “Explaining Evil: The Full Tex Richman Song,” an extended version of the rollicking rap song by villain Tex Richman (Academy Award® winner Chris Cooper) who provides the hilarious backstory of why he hates the Muppets. Audio commentaries with screenwriter and star Jason Segel, director James Bobin and screenwriter Nicholas Stoller are also included.
With the Muppet’s signature irreverent comedy, songs and dancing, Muppet fans of all ages will cheer as the gang reunites to put on a benefit show to save the crumbling Muppet Studios from being razed by nefarious oil baron Tex Richman. New fans and long-time devotees will find the rainbow connection when they bring Disney’s “TheMuppets” into their very own homes.
3-Disc ‘Wocka-Wocka Value Pack’ (1-Disc Blu-ray + 1-Disc DVD + Digital Copy + Soundtrack Digital Download Card) Includes:
– The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History––We Think) – A laugh out loud look at the actors’funny gaffs and gags from behind the scenes of making Disney’s “The Muppets.”
– Disney Intermission- Groundbreaking Blu-ray feature. Pausing a movie will never be this much fun, as the Muppets take over the screen every time you stop the disc!
– Scratching The Surface: A Hasty Examination of the Making of Disney’s “The Muppets.” Hosted by unit production manager monster J.G., the cast and crew take a behind the scenes look at making Muppet and movie history.
– Explaining Evil: The Full Tex Richman Song. Rapping his way through the story of his miserable life, Tex tells audiences why he turned out to be such a rotten guy.
– A Little Screen Test on the way to the Read Through. This hilarious footage follows the Muppet gang as they go to their first table reading of the script.
– Eight Deleted Scenes
– Audio Commentary with Jason Segel, James Bobin and Nicholas Stoller
– The Combo Pack also comes with the popular theatrical spoof trailers
– The Complete Soundtrack
2-Disc Combo Pack (1-Disc Blu-ray + 1 Disc DVD) Includes:
– The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History––We think).
– Disney Intermission
– Scratching the Surface: A Hasty Examination of the Making of Disney’s “The Muppets”
– Explaining Evil: The Full Tex Richman Song
– A Little Screen Test on the Way to the Read Through
– Deleted Scenes
– Audio commentary with Jason Segel, James Bobin and Nicholas Stoller
– Hidden Easter Eggs
1-Disc DVD + Soundtrack Digital Download Card Includes:
– The longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History––We Think)
– Complete Soundtrack
1-Disc DVD Includes:
– The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History––We Think)
Digital Bonus Exclusive Includes
– Inside Walter’s Trailer. Take a peek inside Walter’s star trailer as he prepares to play his big role.
Street Date: March 20, 2012
Release Formats & Suggested Retail Pricing:
– 3-Disc Blu-ray with Soundtrack (‘Wocka-Wocka Value Pack’) = $49.99 U.S. / $56.99 Canada
– 2-Disc Blu-ray = $39.99 U.S./$46.99 Canada
– 1-Disc DVD with Soundtrack = $34.99/$41.99 Canada
– 1-Disc DVD = $29.99 U.S./$35.99 Canada
– High Definition Digital = $39.99 U.S./$44.99 Canada
– Standard Definition Digital = $29.99 U.S./$35.99 Canada
– On-Demand = check with your television provider or favorite digital retailer for pricing
Feature Run Time: Approximately 103 Minutes
Ratings: U.S.: PG/CANADA: PG (Bonus material is not rated)
Aspect Ratio: Blu-ray: 1.85.1
– Blu-ray 5.1 DTS HD-MA; 5.1 and 2.0 Dolby Digital
– DVD: 5.1 and 2.0 Dolby Digital
Social Media: Stay connected with the latest news and information on Disney’s “The Muppets.”
View exciting trailers, games, video clips and more at www.Disney.com/Muppets
Like us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/Muppets
Follow us on Twitter @MuppetsStudio
On vacation in Los Angeles, Walter, the world’s biggest Muppet fan, his brother Gary (Jason Segel) and Gary’s girlfriend, Mary (Amy Adams), from Smalltown, USA, discover the nefarious plan of oilman Tex Richman (Chris Cooper) to raze Muppet Studios and drill for the oil recently discovered beneath the Muppets’ former stomping grounds. To stage a telethon and raise the $10 million needed to save the studio, Walter, Mary and Gary help Kermit reunite the Muppets, who have allgone their separate ways: Fozzie now performs with a Reno casino tribute band called the Moopets, Miss Piggy is a plus-size fashion editor at Vogue Paris, Animal is in a Santa Barbara clinic for anger management, and Gonzo is a high-powered plumbing magnate.
Disney’s “The Muppets” is directed by James Bobin (“Flight of the Conchords,” “The Ali G Show”) and produced by the Academy Award-nominated team of David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman (“The Fighter,” “The Proposal”) with a screenplay written by Segel & Nicholas Stoller (“Get Him to the Greek”), who also serve as executive producers along with John G. Scotti and “The Muppet Show” veteran Martin G. Baker. Bret McKenzie, who created, co-wrote, executive-produced and starred in the hit HBO television series “Flight of the Conchords,” is the music supervisor as well as the writer/producer of three original songs. Original score is by Christophe Beck, Michael Rooney is the choreographer, Rahel Afiley is the costume designer, and James Thomas is the editor. SteveSaklad is the production designer, and Don Burgess, A.S.C., is the director of photography.
This is a great movie for everyone – kids and adults! I loved seeing the Muppets from my day back together in a movie during my boys’ generation. They were still as funny as ever! I loved the song and dance acts by Amy Adams and Jason Segel as well. It was a fun-filled movie and I’m glad we get to add it to our collection! A big thanks to Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment for this DVD review opportunity on The Mommy-Files.
I received a copy of “The Muppets” in the Blu-ray Combo Pack from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.