“Like Dandelion Dust” DVD Giveaway
I recently watched Like Dandelion Dust, starring Mira Sorvino (Mighty Aphrodite), Barry Pepper (Saving Private Ryan), and Cole Hauser (2 Fast 2 Furious). This is a compelling drama about the intertwined lives of two families and the struggles of parenthood. The film is based on the novel by New York Times Bestselling Author, Karen Kingsbury. The DVD is set to hit shelves on January 25th, retailing for $22.98.
Like Dandelion Dust is the first feature film created from a novel by Karen Kingsbury, America’s #1 inspirational author. With more than 20 million copies of her 50-plus award-winning books in print, nine of which hit #1 on national best-selling lists, Karen’s novels have long attracted film and television producers.
Like Dandelion Dust is a compelling drama about the intertwined lives of two families and the struggles of parenthood. Joey has had a picture-perfect life with the privileged Campbell family until the day they receive a startling phone call telling them that Joey’s birth parents want him back. Now a judge’s decision could tear him away from the only home he has ever known. Each character will be tested as one family fights to keep the son they love and the other to begin a new life.
Exploring the different meanings of being a parent through the gritty and realistic lives of the struggling, blue-collar Porter’s and the well-to-do Campbell’s, the lives of the two families intersect, intertwine and collide, all for the love of a little boy. Joey’s future hangs in the balance as issues of parenthood and class warfare play out. Someone must make the bravest decision of his/her life; showing that sometimes the greatest love is letting go. Through critically acclaimed acting performances, this film bravely exposes the humanity in each character, reminding the viewer that people in all walks of life have the potential to be the best and worst versions of themselves at any time. Hard life issues such as domestic and alcohol abuse affect families, crossing generations and ethnic boundaries, as the film hits a core place, deep in the heart of audiences everywhere.
Like Dandelion Dust is already the recipient of more than 30 national and international film festival awards, including:
• Las Vegas Film Festival (Audience Award for Best Feature, Grand Jury Best Feature, Best Actor for Barry Pepper)
• Heartland Film Festival (Audience Choice for Best Dramatic Feature)
• Vail Film Festival (Audience Choice for Best Feature)
• Sedona International Film Festival (Best Feature Jury Award)
• San Diego Film Festival (Best Actress for Mira Sorvino)
• Cinema City International Film Festival (Best Feature Jury Award)
• Deauville American Film Festival (Official Selection)
• Palm Springs International Film Festival (Best of the Fest)
LIKE DANDELION DUST 1-Disc DVD will be available for the suggested retail price of $22.98. Prebook is December 29, 2010.
Like Dandelion Dust DVD Special Features: (Catalog # 2270139)
• Like Dandelion Dust Comes To Life
– Interviews with author Karen Kingsbury and producers
• Karen Kingsbury: Adoption Story
– Interview with Karen Kingsbury about the adoption of her three sons
• Kevin Downes: Adoption Story
– Interview with producer Kevin Downes about the adoption of his son
• Deleted and Extended Scenes
LIKE DANDELION DUST 1-Disc DVD (Catalog # 2270139)
Street Date: January 25, 2011
Pre-book Date: December 29, 2010
Screen Format: Widescreen
Audio: English 5.1 Dolby Digital
Spanish Dolby Surround
Subtitles: English and Spanish
U.S. Rating: PG 13
Total Run Time: 100 Minutes
Closed Captioned: Yes
This was an emotionally moving story and left me in tears. Be prepared with a box of tissues when you watch Like Dandelion Dust. The entire cast did an amazing job. Thank you to 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment for the chance to review this DVD.
3 lucky readers will win a copy of Like Dandelion Dust on DVD!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment if you’ve ever blown on a dandelion and made a wish as the petals blew away!
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Monday, January 24th, 2011! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a screener of “Like Dandelion Dust” from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment to facilitate this review. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.