“The Magnificent 12” Signed Book Giveaway
On August 24, 2010, The Magnificent 12 hit shelves all over the country. The Magnificent 12 was written by best-selling author, Michael Grant, and published by Harper Collins. You can find The Magnificent 12 in bookstores and online, retailing for $16.99.
Twelve-year-old Mack MacAvoy suffers from a serious case of mediumness. Medium looks. Medium grades. Medium parents who barely notice him. With a list of phobias that could make anyone crazy, Mack never would have guessed that he is destined for a more-than-medium life.
And then, one day, something incredibly strange happens to Mack. A three-thousand year-old man named Grimluk appears in the boys’ bathroom to deliver some startling news: Mack is one of the Magnificent Twelve, called the Magnifica in ancient times, whatever that means. An evil force is on its way, and it’s up to Mack to track down eleven other twelve-year-olds in order to stop it. He must travel across the world to battle the wicked Pale Queen’s dangerous daughter, Ereskigal – also known as Risky. But Risky sounds a little scary, and Mack doesn’t want to be a hero. Will he answer the call?
Michael Grant is nothing like Mack MacAvoy. He travels all over the globe, he has a bit of a sarcastic streak, and he secretly suffers from belonephobia, a fear of needles. Seriously: Do not invite him to a sewing bee. Or a tattoo parlor. Okay, fine, maybe he’s a little like Mack MacAvoy.
Michael is the New York Times bestselling author of the Gone series and has written a total of 150 books (yes, you read that right: one hundred and fifty). He wrote most of his books with his wife, Kathering Applegate (K.A.), but the action-packed thrillers in the Gone series are all his. As is his newest series, the Magnificent Twelve, in which he delves into his inner (or, some might say, not so inner) child to create Mack, the unlikeliest of heroes. When Michael isn’t busy writing, he likes to travel, stare blankly at the TV, waste hours clicking aimlessly around the internet, listen to rock music and sing along in a nasal voice, complain, and go out to eat.
2 lucky readers on The Mommy-Files will win an official signed copy of The Magnificent12!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment why you want to win this giveaway!
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Follow Harper Collins on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of Harper Collins on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, November 7th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received no compensation for this post. The giveaway was sponsored by Harper Collins and Michael Grant. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.