National Preparedness Month – Emergency Plan For Pets & $25 Giveaway
September is National Preparedness Month and families everywhere are being encouraged to get their emergency kits and plans put together! I’m excited to be working with Clorox and American Red Cross, bringing useful emergency preparedness information and fun giveaways to you for 2 more weeks! For many people, pets are an integral member of the family; however, when disaster strikes, pets are often left out of the emergency preparedness plan.
As you design your plan, here are a few steps to keep in mind to make sure your beloved pets are taken care of:
– Pet food
– Vet records
– Can opener
– Cat litter/pans (if applicable)
– Medications (if applicable)
(2) Keep your pet’s identification tags up to date and securely fastened to their collar. In case you are separated, your pet’s locator will know exactly whom to contact.
(3) Make sure to choose an alternate location within your emergency preparedness plan that allows pets. Keep in mind that many emergency shelters are unable to accept pets due to public health reasons.
If you’re ever concerned about including your pet in your emergency preparedness plan and need advice, contact your local animal shelter or animal control office.
For more information, please visit www.clorox.com/redcross and download the preparedness guide: Prepare Yourself Now for Peace of Mind Later.
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win $25 to help build a preparedness kit in their home!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY)
Tell me what kind of pet you have (or you grew up with).
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Tuesday, September 28th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
As a blog tour participant, I received information and giveaways from The Clorox Company and Consumer Queen at no cost to me. I was compensated for my time by The Clorox Company for participating in this project. All views are 100% my own.