Eagle Brand Ice Cream Challenge & Giveaway
I LOVE ice cream! I was thrilled to have the opportunity to participate in the Eagle Brand Ice Cream Challenge on The Mommy-Files in July, which was National Ice Cream month. What was involved in the Ice Cream Challenge? The Challenge provided the opportunity to discover how Eagle Brand makes ice cream simple – cutting the need to buy a pricey ice cream maker! On the Eagle Brand site are a lot of yummy ice cream recipes, including some of my favorites such as CrunchyPeppermint Candy Ice Cream, Classic Vanilla Ice Cream, and Easy Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream.
Who would have thought that making homemade ice cream without an ice cream maker would be so easy. For example, here are the steps for making Easy Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream. First, you combine sweetened condensed milk and syrup in a large bowl. Next, you fold in whipped cream. Then you pour it into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan or other 2-quart container. Cover it up and freeze for 6 hours or until firm. Easy, easy, easy!
So, why did Eagle Brand host the Ice Cream Challenge? The Eagle Brand team understands that some days are just too hot to spend time in the kitchen waiting for a noisy machine. Whether you’re entertaining or satisfying a sweet tooth, simple recipes are a great way to ensure you can spend more time outside doing things you enjoy and less time in the kitchen.
I am totally impressed with the Eagle Brand and never even thought about using the milks to make homemade ice cream. Eagle Brand is part of an amazing company with quality products and I look forward to working with them in the future! A big thanks goes out to the Eagle Brand team for hosting the Ice Cream Challenge and bringing it to The Mommy-Files!
3 lucky readers on The Mommy-Files will win an Eagle Brand Ice Cream Challenge Pack, which includes the following items:
· Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (regular, low-fat and fat-free varieties)
· Recipe cards
· Portable ice cream pint (Prepara from Target)
· Reusable Ice Cream Container (Sur La Table)
· Ice cream scoop
· $10.00 Wal-Mart Gift Card to purchase ingredients
· Smucker’s toppings
· Items packed in insulated portable carrier
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Visit Eagle Brand online and tell me in a comment what ice cream flavor you would love to try making at home!
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, September 19th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received an Eagle Brand Ice Cream Pack for the Ice Cream Challenge from the Eagle Brand team at Smuckers to facilitate this review. Prizes are provided by Eagle Brand All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.