Kleenex Hand Towels Review & Giveaway
I love working with The Motherhood and had the opportunity to work on another fun campaign. I received Kleenex Hand Towels and love them! My boys love them as well! I was thrilled to create a video with the Hand Towel Song and serve as a Kleenex Hand Towels Song Ambassador through The Motherhood.
As moms, we aim to teach our children good hygiene habits. This is where Kleenex comes to our aid. While washing our hands is important, it only fills half the equation for good hand hygiene. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends drying hands with a single-use towel to help prevent the spread of germs. Until the recent introduction, families have not had a practical alternative to cloth hand towels in their home bathrooms.
– The majority of Americans (89%) use a cloth hand towel to dry hands in their home bathroom for an average of 14.7 seconds
– Other hand drying methods used in home bathrooms include
– Using a paper towel or paper napkin (38%)
– Simply shaking hands in the air to dry off (18%)
– Wiping hands on a T-shirt or other article of clothing (9%)
– Americans ages 18-24 are the most likely to shake their hands in the air (29%) or use an article of clothing to dry their hands (17%)
– Perception: Three quarters of Americans (73%) believe hand drying is less important than hand washing when it comes to helping stop the spread of germs
– CDC Fact: Freshly cleaned, wet hands transfer pathogens more readily than dry hands or hands not washed at all. The residual moisture determines the level of bacterial and viral transfer following hand washing. Careful hand drying is a critical factor for bacterial transfer to skin, food, and environmental surfaces.
– Perception: Most Americans (84%) say they change their hand towels for sanitary reasons yet the majority (78%) use the same hand towel in their bathroom for a couple of days or longer.
– CDC Fact: Repeated drying of hands with reusable cloth towels is not recommended and should be avoided. Only one-in-five Americans (22%) are familiar with the recommendation of drying hands with a one-time use towel.
I think that Kleenex Hand Towels were a wonderful idea and I am so glad I had the opportunity to review them! Kleenex Hand Towels is an innovative solution that delivers one clean, fresh, dry towel every time consumers wash and dry their hands in the home bathroom. The single-use, disposable bathroom hand towel provides consumers with a unique new product that addresses a growing awareness of hand hygiene as a means to help maintain their families’ health and wellness.
Why Kleenex Hand Towels? “Consumers know that even after they are washed, hands are only as clean as the towel used to dry them,” said Gordon Knapp, president, Kimberly-Clark North Atlantic Family Care. “Kleenex Hand Towels are a first-of-its-kind solution that leverages K-C’s strengths in translating consumer insights into product design and technology to offer a real alternative to less hygienic, shared bathroom cloth hand towels.
Kleenex Hand Towels have a unique, Cottony-Soft base sheet that is free of inks, dyes, and fragrances. The sheets are highly absorbent – drying hands effectively, with enough capacity in the brand’s proprietary, absorbent Dry-Touch fibers for secondary quick clean-ups around the bathroom sink. Kleenex Hand Towels’ flexible packaging complements bathroom decor and space limitations, allowing the product to be placed on a towel bar or countertop. The Pop-Up delivery system is designed to help keep one clean, fresh, dry towel conveniently at hand.
1. Does Kimberly-Clark have sustainability standards?
Kimberly-Clark has long recognized the importance of corporate responsibility and integrated the concept of sustainability in our business practices. We published our first annual sustainability report in 2004, and the reports can be reviewed at www.kimberly-clark.com. From raw materials, our manufacturing processes, even our supply chain, we’re building sustainability into every facet of how we work. This includes selecting suppliers that operate in a sustainable manner. To that end, we work hard to assure that the wood fiber we purchase comes only from well-managed forestlands or from recycled sources.
2. Is conservation a priority for Kimberly-Clark?
At Kimberly-Clark, we take concern for the environment and conservation of natural resources seriously. In 2009, the Kimberly-Clark Foundation donated $400,000 to environmental causes and $550,000 over the last three years to Conservation International (CI) for a biodiversity conservation project. The project will have environmental benefits for the Atlantic Forest in Brazil, a major global pulp producing region that provides 30 percent of our fiber.
3. Are any responsible forestry practices in place?
Kimberly-Clark has one of the most progressive fiber procurement policies in the tissue industry. We support forestry practices that help conserve valuable forestlands, respect fundamental human rights and ensure both a thriving ecosystem and a sustainable source of wood fiber for the future.
In fact, K-C was the first major tissue company to set the goal of purchasing 100 percent of our wood fiber from suppliers that gain independent certification of their woodlands or their fiber procurement activities.
4. Why is this product necessary? Aren’t my cloth towels acceptable?
KLEENEX® Brand Hand Towels offer a hygienic option for our consumers by providing an alternative to traditional cloth bathroom hand towels. KLEENEX® Hand Towels– a clean, fresh towel every time™.
5. Are KLEENEX® Brand Hand Towels made with recycled fiber?
Because of the superior softness consumers expect from KLEENEX® Brand, KLEENEX® Brand Hand Towels are made with 100 percent virgin fiber. The product’s unique, Cottony-Soft base sheet is free of inks, dyes and fragrances and is soft enough for faces yet durable for family needs.
6. Can I recycle the Kleenex Hand Towel package?
Yes, you can recycle the carton at a facility that processes paperboard.
7. For Additional Information on Kimberly-Clark’s commitment to sustainability, please visit:
You can find Kleenex Hand Towels in the paper towel aisle at grocery and mass retailers nationwide at a suggested retail price of $2.99 per box. Check it out today!!!
Here are the lyrics to the fun Kleenex Hand Towels Song!!! Feel free to sing along with our home video below!!
My hands are gonna be clean
When I wash and I dry with mommy and sing
This song that’s exactly two clean hands long
Warm water and soap and bubbles that shine
A Kleenex Hand Towel that’s mine all mine
And a song that’s exactly two clean hands long
No yucky old towel’s gonna ruin my day
I dry my hands the Kleenex towel way
So if you’re a fan of clean hands too
Roll up your sleeves and I’ll sing with you
I really like the Kleenex Hand Towels and think that they are a great product! I love that they fit on the towel bar and look decorative enough to set out on the bathroom counter. A big thank-you goes to The Motherhood for an amazing campaign and to Kimberly-Clark for Kleenex Hand Towels! I look forward to using them in the future.
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will get some help cleaning his or her house with a $50 gift card to Merry Maids Cleaning Service!!!
Tell me in a comment one thing you like about Kleenex Hand Towels!
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway and include #KleenexSong as the hashtag – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Wednesday, June 2nd, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
This review and giveaway was part of a paid campaign with Kimberly-Clark through The Motherhood. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine!