“The Jellybeans and The Big Book Bonanza” Book Giveaway
My boys love it when I read books to them. I thought had the opportunity to review a new children’s book called The Jellybeans and the Big Book Bonanza, written by Laura Numeroff. Laura is also the author of the beloved children’s book series, If You Give A Mouse A Cookie. Laura has partnered wth Sleepy’s and First Book, a non-profit organization working to provide new books to children in need and to promote family bedtime reading.
Research shows that parents who read at least 20 minutes per night with their child will improve child literacy by 10 whole school days per year.
On the East Coast, there will be free events where Laura will be conducting in-store readings and signing complimentary copies of her latest book, The Jellybeans and the Big Book Bonanza.
Laura would like to encourage parents everywhere to make a pledge to read to their children at least 20 minutes per night. Each pledge will support Sleepy’s corporate contribution to First Book to provide new books to families in need so more children have access to books to read. You can take the pledge HERE and enter for a chance to win lunch with Laura Numeroff in New York City.
The inside cover of the book reads:
“When the Jellybeans have to go to the library to research book reports on the things they love, Anna (the shy bookworm) is excited to bring her friends to her favorite place. Emily (the dancer) finds a book on ballet, Nicole (the tomboy) finds a book on soccer, and Bitsy (the artist) finds a book on famous painters. But what about Anna? Can she find a book that is perfect for her, too?
Just as jellybeans are all different flavors but go great together, the girls use their different strengths and talents to work as a team and make their school Book Bonanza a success and share a love of reading.”
I thought this was a really cute and colorful story. My boys enjoyed hearing me read it to them! Thank you Laura and Nate!
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a copy of The Jellybeans and The Big Book Bonanza!!!
– Tell me in a comment what your favorite bedtime story is to read to your child.
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Tuesday, April 27th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a copy of the book, “The Jellybeans and The Big Book Bonanza” from Laura Numeroff to facilitate this review. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.