Jane Yolen Children Books Review & Giveaway
I LOVE Jane Yolen’s books! Some of our favorite books belong to the “How Does A Dinosaur…” series (i.e. How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight?). Thanks to RAAB Associates, we had the opportunity to review a few of Yolen’s newer titles, including Come to the Fairies’ Ball, How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You?,
We enjoyed reading Come to the Fairies’ Ball. It was a fun book and a twist of the classic Cinderella story. Everyone is getting ready for the Fairies’ Ball – pulling out their spiderweb dresses and top hats. All accept one, whose dress is torn from hanging on a thorn. With the help of the ants, the Fairy put together a dress and headed to the ball. See what happens next when you read Come to the Fairies’ Ball. The book retails for $17.99 and is available on Amazonfor $12.21 right now.
We love the book, How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You? It’s one of my favorites to read to my kids and my kids love interacting with it! The book is full of rhymes, funny dinosaur moments, and a loving, happy tone. I love the illustrations in the book as well. This is definitely a book you should check out, if not own. How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You is available in bookstores and on Amazonfor a price of $11.55 (retails for $16.99).
I was really impressed by The Seeing Stick It was not only a great book for kids, but one that adults would enjoy reading as well. The ending was beautiful and the pictures were gorgeous throughout the book, plus I loved the overall Chinese theme. My boys sat quietly and listened as I read this book. The story is about Hwei Min, the only daughter of the emperor of China, who’s been blind since she was born. The emperor looks everywhere for a cure for his little girl and calls people from near and far to help, but nobody can. Then one day, a wise old man with mysterious Seeing Stick visits her and opens her eyes to a whole new world. This is a highly recommended book in my opinion. You can find it in bookstores or on Amazonfor $11.53 (retails for $16.95) right now.
I loved the book, The Scarecrow’s Dance! The artwork was beautiful and the story was a sweet one. The Scarecrow’s Dance is about a scarecrow who has always stood watch over the corn, but one night he gets restless and leaves his post. He skips through the fields and leaps past the barn, but is stopped by a little boy’s prayer for the farm. As he listens, he begins to understand where he belongs and his importance there, where he can do what only he can do. This is a really great book and I’m so glad we were able to review it! You can find it in bookstores and on Amazon for $12.23 (retails for $16.99) right now.
We enjoyed reading the book, Pumpkin Baby, as well! In Pumpkin Baby, a young child is anticipating the arrival of a new sibling. As she goes with her mom on trips to the family farm, a meeting with the mailman, and more, she imagines different babies, each with unique characteristics and flaws. She imagines a stork baby that could fly away, a pumpkin baby that might be too round, and other babies. This is definitely a cute, kid-friendly book! You can find Pumpkin Baby in bookstores and on Amazonfor $13.22 (retails for $16.95) right now.
1 lucky reader will win a Jane Yolen package, including Come to the Fairies’ Ball, How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You, The Seeing Stick, and The Scarecrow’s Dance.
– Tell me in a comment one of your favorite books by Jane Yolen or a favorite children’s book if you’re not familiar with Jane.
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on the Web’s Top Giveaway Blog (click, select The Mommy-Files, and vote) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, March 7th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received samples of Jane Yolen’s books from RAAB Associates to facilitate this review. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.