Cooking With The Mommy-Files – Pork Tortilla Soup
I was originally going to make Chicken Tortilla Soup for our Mexican dish, but realized all of our chicken was frozen. I did have a pork loin in the refrigerator that wasn’t frozen, so I thought I would try it out. It was a success! It was really good!
PORK TORTILLA SOUP
– 2 lb Boneless Pork Loin, cut up into small pieces
– 1 onion, chopped
– 3 garlic cloves, crushed
– Olive Oil
– 3 cans chicken broth (reg size)
– 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
– 1 can diced green chiles
– 2 tsp chili powder
– 1 1/2 tsp cumin
– 3/4 lime – squeeze juice (approx 2 tsp juice)
– Red pepper flakes to taste
– Cut up boneless pork loin into bite-sized pieces. Saute with chopped onion and crushed garlic in olive oil. Cook until pork is no longer pink.
– Add chicken broth, tomatoes, green chiles, chili powder, cumin, lime juice, and red pepper flakes.
– Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes to an hour. The longer you cook, the more tender the meat will be.
– Serve with sour cream, cheese, and tortilla chips.
**Tip: Use Mexican 4 Cheese blend and Lime flavored Tortilla Chips for extra flavor**