Alphabotz Review & Giveaway
I am always on the lookout for new games to play with my boys. Over the holidays, I had the opportunity to review Alphabotz Superphonic Decoder Cards. Alphabotz was named one of Dr. Toy’s 100 Best Children’s Products of 2009, plus it was just announced that they also won a Tillywig Toy & Media Award Brain Child Award.
Alphabotz are colorful, oversized flash cards that were invented by a mom to help kids learn their letters. We all know that learning to read can be a challenging task, but with robots, it can become lots of fun! Each card shows a different robot, or Alphabot, and children learn about phonics through visual clues, sound association, and stats. The set includes 46 cards and is printed using vibrant colors on durable card-stock, plus it comes in a pull out drawer-style box. These are great for children ages 3 and up.
What’s included on a card? Cards are coded with the type of sound the Alphabot represents (i.e. consonant, vowel, etc). Each alphabot personifies one of the sounds in the English language and wears a letter or letter team on its chest and an icon on its head (for constant visual reminders). There are upper- and lowercase letters for letter identification and for tracing with fingers (or dry erase markers). There are special objects that begin with the sound. There are also STATS on each card that tell the story behind that character. By learning about the character, the child associates the Alphabot’s sound with the sound or the letter(s) that make that sound.
Your kids will have a blast playing with Alphabotz and will be learning letters and sounds at the same time! You can also use dry erase markers that can be easily wiped off the cards. Check out Alphabotz today! Alphabotz retail for $19.99 and can be purchased online or at amazon.com.
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a box of Alphabotz Superphonic Decoder Cards!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment why you want to win the giveaway.
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on the Web’s Top Giveaway Blog (click, select The Mommy-Files, and vote) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Follow Alphabotz on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of Alphabotz on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Wednesday, January 20th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received an Alphabotz Superphonic Decoder Cards Set from Alphabotz to review so I could write this post. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.