Musicolor Toy Review & Giveaway
I love toys or activities that inspire my boys’ imaginations! I was recently introduced to Musicolor, a great toy that combines both music and color. Musicolor is made by a company called Delta Creative. Delta Creative is a company known for creating products that emphasize self-expression through color. Last year, they introduced “Delta Kids,” which included 50 new products that appealed to kids, parents, and grandparents all over the country. I had the opportunity to review Musicolor, one of their many amazing products. Musicolor is an amazing toy where kids can create music out of coloring, whether it’s in or out of the lines. If you want your child’s imagination to grow, I definitely recommend giving Musicolor a try!
There are three steps to follow when using Musicolor. First – you color. Second – you play. Third – you listen. It’s that easy and the kids (and you) will have tons of fun! Delta Creative explains Musicolor as “innovative technology mixed with a classic coloring activity. The music player unit is modeled after the classic record player, the technology, however, is anything but classic.”
Within the box, you’ll special Music Note markers, where your child can color the pre-lined paper discs already programmed for songs such as Three Blind Mice or Jingle Bells. Just pop the disc onto the Musicolor player (reminds me of a record player I had as a child) and instantly your child can “listen” to his work of art. I wondered how Musicolor was able to do this. On the website, it says “the Musicolor music player consists of a rotating base and an arm for reading the music discs, much the same as a DVD player reads a DVD. The arm scans over the colored areas of the music disc rotating on the music player, reads the color and translates it to sound. The player also has three sounds: piano, violin and trumpet.”
Check out the YouTube Video below.
You can purchase Musicolor online at target.com, amazon.com, and deltacreative.com. It retails for $49.99. Musicolor is great for children ages 4 and up. Musicolor comes with 1 music player, 14 pre-printed song discs, 8 music note markers, 5 create-a-song discs, and 1 pre-colored song disc. You can purchase Create A Song Discs for $5.99 (set of 20 discs) or Music Note Markers for $5.99 (8 markers). Check it out today!
Thanks to Delta Creative, 1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win his or her own Musicolor!
– Tell me in a comment another product you are interested in from Delta Creative.
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on the Web’s Top Giveaway Blog (click, select The Mommy-Files, and vote) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Monday, January 18th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a Musicolor from Delta Creative to review so I could write this post. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.