Maukilo Toys Review & Giveaway
I love to have good quality toys for my kids to play with. When I was introduced to Maukilo, I was immediately impressed by their toy selection. Fortunately, I had the opportunity to review the Plan Toys Stacking Ring Set for my 18 month old and the HABA Pirate Joe Mini Game for my 4 and 6 year old. Maukilo specializes in both American and European toys and is owned by a larger company called HABA, a 70-year-old German toy company. I love that you can find toys that will inspire your child’s creativity and imagination – whether it’s a set of wooden building blocks, arts and crafts supplies, or a game. These toys are well made and made to exceed safety standards. Wooden toys sold at Maukilo.com are finished with non-toxic, natural lacquers and plastic toys are made from child-safe, PVC-free materials. The goal of Maukilo is “to provide toys that are made to last, so that any toy can withstand the test of time and be passed onto the next generation.”
I was in love as soon as I saw the Plan Toys Stacking Ring Set. I remember growing up with good quality, wooden toys and when I saw this wooden stacking ring, I had to have it! This is your classic stacking toy, where your child tries to stack the rings in order of size and color. The toy encourages counting, color, and size recognition. It retails for $16.19.
As soon as I saw the HABA Pirate Joe Mini Game, I knew my boys would have a blast playing with it! In the game, players wear the included eye patches and roll the die to determine what to do. It might be the cannon – clap your hands and say “Boom!” The last to do it gets a scar drawn on their face with the included face paint pencil. The first pirate to get 5 scars loses and the person with the least number of scars is the winner. This great for 2-4 pirates. The game retails for $12.59
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a $25 gift certificate to Maukilo!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment what you would get if you won the $25 gift certificate.
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on the Web’s Top Giveaway Blog (click, select The Mommy-Files, and vote) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Monday, January 18th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a Plan Toys Stacking Ring and HABA Pirate Joe Mini Game from Maukilo to review so I could write this post. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.