“Winnie the Pooh: A Valentine for You” DVD Review & Giveaway
I love Valentine’s Day and I love Winnie the Pooh. So, I was excited to have the opportunity to review “Winnie the Pooh: A Valentine for You Special Edition” on DVD. My boys loved it, especially my 4 year old. The DVD was yet another adorable part of the Winnie the Pooh collection and one I am happy to own. The DVD included 3 Winnie the Pooh stories, including a newer episode (“My Hero”), a fun game called “Catch the Love Bug,” and Winnie the Pooh Valentine’s Day cards. The DVD was released on January 5th, 2010 by Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
The first episode is “Un-Valentines Day,” where Pooh and his friends are excited for Valentine’s Day, but Rabbit wants to cancel this special day because last year he was up to his ears in a ton of cards that littered the Hundred Acre Wood. To everyone’s dismay, they agree, until Pooh receives an anonymous pot of honey. Suddenly, the excitement for Valentine’s Day returns and everyone is delighted, including Rabbit.
The second episode is “A Valentine for You,” where Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, and Rabbit see Christopher Robin making a valentine for a girl. The characters find that Christopher Robin has been bitten by a “Smitten” and is lovesick for this girl. Worried that he won’t have time for them anymore, and that a second bite from the love bug will cure him, they set out on an adventure looking for the Smitten.
The third episode is “My Hero,” a new-to-DVD adventure that shows how two friends can truly help each other. When Piglet saves Tigger’s life, Tigger decides he wants to repay the favor by becoming Piglet’s servant. But Tigger’s new job causes more harm than good to Piglet. When Tigger saves Piglet’s life, his obligation to be Piglet’s servant ends and everything goes back to the way it was.
*”Catch the Love Bug Game” – Flying “Love Bugs” are on the loose in the Hundred Acre Wood and it’s up to the viewer to catch as many as possible
*Pooh-themed Valentine’s Day cards
Winnie the Pooh: A Valentine for You Special Edition is available for U.S. $29.99 (SRP), Canada $35.99 (SRP) from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment.
STREET DATE: January 5, 2009
Suggested retail price: $29.99 US; $35.99 Canada
Run time: 60 minutes
DVD aspect ratio: Full screen (1:33:1)
Sound: Dolby Digital Surround Sound
Language: English, Spanish, French
Thanks to Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, 1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a copy of “Winnie the Pooh: A Valentine for You” Special Edition DVD!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment your favorite part of Valentine’s Day!
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on the Web’s Top Giveaway Blog (click, select The Mommy-Files, and vote) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, January 17th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a copy of “Winnie the Pooh: A Valentine for You” Special Edition DVD from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment to review so I could write this post. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.