Scholastic Books for the Holidays
I remember growing up with Scholastic books. Do you remember the newspaper flyers you would go home with and choose the books you most wanted? Or the book fairs at school? I was actually just at one of the book fairs for my son who is in Kindergarten. It may have been more fun for me than him – not sure? LOL Scholastic has come out with some really cute book for the holidays! Thanks to Scholastic, I received 2 wonderful Christmas books, that my family and I can enjoy reading this holiday season. The books I received are called The Christmas Magic and The Nutcracker and The Mouse King. The artwork is beautiful in both works and the stories are beautiful.
The Christmas Magicis a book about the magic that is present at Christmas time. Here is what the inside cover says: “Far, far north, when the nights are longest and stars shine brightest, the spirit of Christmas fills the air with magic. Santa gathers his reindeer, feeds them parsnips and berries, and polishes his bells and his sled. Them, with great care, he chooses toys for every child in the world. For Santa loves them all dearly – and he knows what each child’s heart desires most.” Lauren Thompson did a beautiful job with this story and Jon Muth’s artwork is amazing! Both you and your kids will love reading about Santa, reindeer, Christmas, sleds, snow, and more. Christmas is not about getting, but about giving and this is a great story about this time of year. Check out The Christmas Magic today! It retails for $16.99 at local bookstores and online.
The Nutcracker And The Mouse Kingis another wonderful holiday book! I loved going to The Nutcracker (the musical) growing up and was excited to read it in story format as an adult. It’s also a beautiful holiday story with wonderful artwork. The inside cover reads: “On Christmas Eve, Godfather Drosselmeier has arrived with gifts of marvel and enchantment for his young godchildren. Goddaughter Marie falls in love with a bewitching nutcracker doll and claims him as her own. Yet when the clock strikes midnight, something terribly amazing happens to Godfather’s handcrafted toys….they come alive. Marie is swept off her feet on an incredible journey with the Nutcracker in this astonishing classic story by E.T.A. Hoffman.” Check out The Nutcracker and The Mouse King today! The book retails for $18.99 in local bookstores and online.
Thanks to Scholastic, 2 lucky readers on The Mommy-Files will win a copy of each book!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment if you have a special memory of Scholastic books!
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Holiday Gift Guide button to your blog – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Thursday, December 17th, 2009! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
For more holiday gift ideas, visit Rockin’ Mama.
I received a copy of “The Christmas Magic” and “The Nutcracker and The Mouse King” from Scholastic so I could review the movie and write this post. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine!