Happy 70th Anniversary Madeline Review & Giveaway
Even though I have 3 boys, I am familiar with Madeline and think she is adorable. Thanks to Kids Preferred, I had the opportunity to review both the Original Madeline in hardcover, as well as the 70th Anniversary Madeline Doll. Do you know who Madeline is? Madeline is the youngest of a group of 12 little girls, whose education is overseen by Miss Clavel at a Paris Boarding School. The story takes place in late 1930s France, where Madeline and her friends enjoy breaking bread, brushing their teeth, going for walks in 1 or 2 straight lines, and then, inevitably, falling into a fun adventure!
Madeline is the precocious redheaded schoolgirl who is the main character of Ludwig Bemelman’s beloved children store, Madeline. Kids Preferred is a leading plush manufacturer and is celebrating the milestone anniversary with plush Madeline characters and plush Genevieve characters (Madeline’s trusty pooch). The 70th Anniversary Madeline Doll won the Fall 2009 National Parenting Center Seal of Approval and is perfect for children ages 3 and up. Madeline is packaged in a see-through can bag with a pink rope handle. This limited edition collector’s doll is dressed in a deft blue dress adorned with famous Parisian locales from the original book and is trimmed with lace and blue accents. Her beautiful red hair is tied on the side with a satiny blue bow. Madeline stands 13.5″ tall. Madeline retails for $30 and you can purchase her and other Madeline products at La Petite Tica!
We actually gave the Madeline doll we received to a friend of ours who lives out of town. The family has a little girl and she was so excited when she received the doll! She’s been carrying it around the house with her everywhere she goes! She just can’t put it down. And of course the book to go along with it makes the experience that much more real and fun! The family did not feel comfortable putting a picture of their daughter with the doll on the site, but were very thankful for such a wonderful gift!
In celebration of Madeline’s 70th Anniversary, 1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a 70th Anniversary Madeline Plush Doll!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment what you like the most about Madeline!
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs – 1 ENTRY
– Vote for The Mommy-Files for the “Love This Site Award” – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Holiday Gift Guide button to your blog – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Monday, December 7th, 2009! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
For more Holiday Gift Ideas, visit Rockin’ Mama.
I received a 70th Anniversary Madeline and the Hardcovered Book “Madeline” from Kids Preferred to review for this post. All opinions expressed in this post are my own.