Going for a Segway Stroll

In Blogging Randomness
November 15, 2009
1943 Views

Woman pushing child on Segway

Anybody else have any thoughts about this picture?  I laughed when I first saw it and then I thought, what if she lost control of the stroller.  How lazy does one have to be to push their child around in a stroller while riding on a Segway Scooter?  However, this could also come in handy if you have a hard time walking and your child wants to go for a stroll outside.

I don’t know about you but I have so many thoughts come to mind when I look at this picture!

Please note that this picture is over 2 years old, but we just happen to stumble on it while searching online.

13 Responses to “Going for a Segway Stroll”

1. melissa says:

hmmm…kinda makes me think of Wall-E. You know how everyone is being moved around and they get bigger and bigger??? Is this what America is coming to?? But, maybe she does have a problem walking…who knows.

2. Melanie says:

Seriously, That can not be SAFE.. I am uncomfortable with anything MOTORIZED near a baby stroller… iI am sure there is probablly some sane rational reason why this mom is Choosing to walk bay with the Sid of a segway..but Come on..Common Sense this is not safe!!

3. gosfam says:

I agree it is a little odd, and I am thinking not too safe. Even if for some reason she needs help walking still not sure that is the right option. I love Segways though–I have never had a chance to ride one yet, but would LOVE to.

4. Doreen says:

I don’t understand why….just why. I just don’t get it. Safety of your child should be a no brainer.

5. Joe says:

What the WHAT?

6. To me this looks so much harder than to just push the stroller while walking! Now your trying to steer TWO things! To me, it looks like an accident waiting to happen!

7. Angel says:

I agree , I don’t thin that looks very safe period.. just kind of laziness on her part. If she is unable to walk invest in a wheelchair or something that would be easier to control with a stroller geesh.

I’m sorry, but I really think this is just pure laziness. Plus that can’t be safe for the baby.

9. LyndiLou says:

I can barely type… this just baffles me! I’m laughing… but… I’m so confused! I hope it was all for a dare!

10. Charlene Kuser says:

Oh this is so bad,and dangerous.While most people are walking that extra route to get
    some exercise,she is riding on a segway.I guess she could be handicapped and we
    don’t know that.It just reminds me of a lazy way of life and I don’t think we need that
    to stay healthy

11. That is freaking hilarious! I thought the same thing.. “What if she got off balance and lost control?” I’d imagine it would be easy to do on such a contraption. LOL.

12. I guess it’s unanimous! I hope this is just a posed picture and that she really wasn’t doing this, because I have been on a Segway, and you NEED two hands to properly drive one and keep it balanced, so there is NO way she could safely push a baby stroller. Trying to do it with one hand on the Segway and one hand on the stroller would definitey lead to an accident were mommy, baby OR both would get hurt.

13. WE had that posted on a wordless Wed over the summer on Strollerreviews.net I thought it was hysterical What they don’ t hink of