BOOK REVIEW & GIVEAWAY – "Dragon’s Heart"
Are you familiar with the children’s books How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight? or How Do Dinosaurs Go to School? Jane Yolen is the author of those wonderful children’s books. She is also the author of a great book called My Uncle Emily and Dragon’s Heart.
My Uncle Emily is a great picture book for children! A boy named Gilbert has an uncle like nobody else! His uncle wears long white dresses and doesn’t smoke cigars. Gilbert’s uncle is actually the famous poet Emily Dickinson and he calls her Uncle Emily. Uncle Emily writes beautiful poems about everything (even dead bees). His relationship with Uncle Family grows closer when he learns about life after applying her poem about telling the truth. My Uncle Emily is a great book to read to your children. You will be able to purchase it online starting May 14th, 2009 for $17.99.
Another wonderful book coming out soon is A Mirror to Nature. A Mirror to Nature is a poetry book by Jane Yolen that captures that natural beauty of water and the visual surprises created by one’s reflections. There are beautiful pictures of fish, birds, reptiles, amphibians, mammals, and mollusks as they swim, creep, crawl, hunt, and sun themsleves in their watery environments. The book will be released on May 11th and you can purchase it online for $17.95.
Another great book written by Jane Yolen is Dragon’s Heart. The story takes place on the brutal planet of Austar IV, where dragons are trained in “The Pits” and humans place bets on the dragons. Two runaway teenagers with telepathic dragon powers find themselves caught in the middle of a political battle. Decisions must be made that could save or destroy the planet! You can purchase Dragon’s Heart online for $17.00.
Two lucky readers will win a copy of Dragon’s Heart by Jane Yolen on The Mommy-Files.
WIN IT! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Visit Jane Yolen’s website and tell me in a comment something you learned about Jane Yolen.
– Follow my blog (or tell me you already follow) – 1 entry
– Subscribe to my blog (or tell me you already subscribe) – 1 entry
– Subscribe to my blog via email (or tell me you already subscribe) – 1 entry
– Add my button (or tell me you already have it) – 1 entry
– Favorite me on Technorati – 1 entry
– Follow me on Twitter (themommyfiles) and “tweet” about the giveaway – 2 entries
– Blog about the giveaway and leave me a link – 2 entries
– Tell me in a comment why you want to win this giveaway – 1 entry
– Giveaway ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on Wednesday, May 20th, 2009 and the winner will be announced on this blog on Thursday, May 21st (as well as emailed). **IF YOU SUBMIT A COMMENT AFTER 11:59 PM ON WEDNESDAY, MAY 20TH, IT WILL BE DELETED**
– Please leave your email address in your comment so I can contact you if you win the giveaway.
– Winners must respond by Saturday, May 23rd or another winner will be chosen.
– Open to US residents only.