BOOK REVIEW & GIVEAWAY – "Dudley’s Solo"
My kids love reading books and I love it when they read GOOD books! I was excited to receive a book called “Dudley’s Solo,” written by Tiffany Alexander and illustrated by Jeremiah Carstarphen.
Dudley is deaf, but that doesn’t stop him from joining the Children’s Band at his church. Each child has his or her own solo in the upcoming concert…except for Dudley. He wants to have a solo just like the other kids. The kids see that Dudley is sad and wants a solo of his own, so they come up with a plan of their own and Dudley has the best solo in town!
This is a heartwarming book about not giving up and helping others. The author’s goal was to show how kids can accentuate the positive and embrace each other’s talents and abilities. This book is great for children and families everywhere.
One lucky reader will win a copy of the heartwarming and inspiring book, “Dudley’s Solo.”
– Visit Children’s Band and tell me in a comment 2 of the characters’ names.
– Follow my blog (or tell me you already follow) – 1 entry
– Subscribe to my blog (or tell me you already subscribe) – 1 entry
– Add my button (or tell me you already have it) – 1 entry
– Favorite me on Technorati – 1 entry
– Follow me on Twitter (themommyfiles) and “tweet” about the giveaway – 2 entries
– Blog about the giveaway and leave me a link – 2 entries
– Tell me in a comment one of your favorite “feel good” children’s books – 1 entry
– Giveaway ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on Tuesday, May 5th, 2009 and the winner will be announced on this blog on Thursday, May 6th (as well as emailed).
– Please leave your email address in your comment so I can contact you if you win the giveaway.
– Winners must respond by Saturday, May 8th or another winner will be chosen.
– Open to US residents.