Cookie Exchange Recipe #1: Secret Chocolate Kisses Cookies
Here is the recipe for a super yummy cookie recipe I am giving to friends and neighbors this Christmas season. It’s called Secret Chocolate Kisses Cookies (I altered it from the original recipe – title and ingredients).
– Bag of Hersheys Kisses (you won’t use them all)
– 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
– 1 1/4 cups finely chopped slivered almonds (I didn’t have them and the recipe still turned out great)
– Powdered Sugar
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Unwrap Hershey’s kisses, discarding wrappers. Kids can help you do this.
2. Mix butter, sugar, and vanilla in large bowl with cake mixer or kitchen aid until fluffy. Add almonds (if you have them), flour, and almond extract. Beat on low speed until well blended.
3. Take a small chunk of cookie dough (a little more than a tablespoon) and stick the hershey kiss in the middle. Roll it into a ball until the hershey kiss is completely covered with cookie dough. Continue until dough or kisses run out. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 10 minutes – or until cookies appear to be set, but not browned. Cool slightly and remove from cookie sheet, placing on cooling rack. When slightly warm, roll in powdered sugar. You can roll the cookies again in powdered sugar right before serving them.
Suppose to yield 3 dozen cookies, may yield less.