Simple Steps to Protect Your Pipes with Roto-Rooter
Today, we’re featuring Simple Steps to Protect Your Pipes as part of a partnered post with Roto-Rooter.
At the beginning of this year, our family excitedly moved into a new home. It’s an amazing home with lots of property that’s allowed us to own two Great Pyrenees dogs, four alpacas and forty-four chickens! With our new property came some changes as well. For example, we are no longer on city sewer, but rather have our own septic tank. Definitely different from what we’re used to, but we love it! Plus, now we have to be even more careful with what goes down our drains, especially with the holidays just around the corner!
With Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up, I KNOW we will be getting some pretty good use out of our pipes. With holiday cooking and cleaning, we need to make sure our pipes are in tip-top shape. Here’s a Fun Fact: Thanksgiving is the #1 Holiday for Plumbers and the day after is their BUSIEST DAY OF THE YEAR! I had NO idea!! How about you?
SIMPLE STEPS TO PROTECT YOUR PIPES
- No matter what sewer or septic system we’re on, we will always be dealing with food or hair clogs in our drains. As with many things in life, prevention is the number one key. So how do you protect your pipes? Here are a few simple tips:
- If in doubt, don’t put it down the drain! This includes food and anything that casts doubt in your mind about whether it will create a clog or not
- Do NOT put corn husks, coffee grounds, potato peels or large quantities of noodles or rice down your drain. This is a sure fire way to clog your drain pretty dang quick! Better to be safe than sorry and elbows deep in yucky pipe scum! Trust me – I know from experience.
- Always have a Mesh Strainer in place in your sink. This has saved the day so many times and I can honestly say that I empty ours at least every time I do the dishes. It’s way easier to dump it in the trash than to watch your sink back up. Not fun at all!
- Have Roto-Rooter products on hand to save the day! I love Roto-Rooter products because I feel like their tough enough to get the job done, but are also gentle enough on our pipes that they want cause damage. Very important when you look at the cost of replacing damaged pipes or paying a plumber to make a regular visit – yet alone an after-holiday visit!
In our new home, since we’re on a septic tank, it’s even trickier! We cannot use any products with bleach and have to ensure that the products we do use are septic-safe. So if we can’t use bleach-based products, what can we use? In our home, we like to use the Roto-Rooter products for unclogging drains on septic systems. It’s affordable and works great!
Roto-Rooter Gel Clog Remover
- 25% more active ingredients
- 50% faster than other brands
- Perfect viscosity to penetrate and cling to the clog
WORKS IMMEDIATELY TO CLEAR BLOCKED DRAINS FAST!!!
Independent lab tests have proven that Roto-Rooter Gel Clog Remover clears tough clogs up to 50% faster than other national brands. This is due to our Professional gel formula with 25% more active ingredients than the competition, and the precise viscosity to power through standing water to remove all types of stubborn clogs, hair, soap scum and grease.
Roto-Rooter Gel Clog Remover is safe to use in all pipes, septic systems and garbage disposals.
Available sizes: 32oz, 42oz, 64oz, 80oz and 128oz
Roto-Rooter Hair Clog Remover
- 50% faster than other brands
- 25% more hair dissolving ingredients
- Right thickness to dissolve hair clogs
WORKS IMMEDIATELY TO DISSOLVE HAIR CLOGS FASTER!
Our professional formula with the right thickness and 25% more hair dissolving ingredients than the leading national brand, removes stubborn hair clogs and clears blocked drains fast. In fact, independent lab studies have proven that tough clogs are cleared up to 50% faster than other national brands.
Roto-Rooter Hair Clog Remover is safe for all pipes and septic systems.
Available sizes: 64oz and 128oz
Roto-Rooter Septic Treatment
- 2x more enzymes
- Prevents septic backups
- Use monthly to avoid costly and messy backups
WORKS IMMEDIATELY TO BREAK DOWN WASTE!
Roto-Rooter Septic Treatment is scientifically formulated to help prevent septic backups. Our Natural formula uses 2X more enzymes than the leading national brand to eliminate MORE paper, fats, oils, grease, protein, and starch. This product also helps eliminate unpleasant odors and dampness in leach fields. Use monthly to avoid costly and messy backups.
Roto-Rooter Septic Treatment is safe and easy on all pipes
Available sizes: 32oz dosing bottle and 64oz
I’m not sure about you, but I knew Roto-Rooter® as the #1 Brand in Plumbing Services. Now you can have that same 80 years of expertise in a bottle! Be sure to check out the NEW Roto-Rooter Drain Care products at a store near you.
You can follow Roto-Rooter on Facebook for more product information and promotions!
What is your go-to Roto-Rooter product?