Why Choose Clover? + Easy Spinach Dip Recipe #ChooseClo
In our home, we go through a lot of dairy products. These dairy products include milk, butter, cheese, sour cream and more! Whether it’s kids drinking milk, buttering their bagels, adding cheese to a casserole, or making dip with the sour cream, dairy is something we couldn’t live without. I recently discovered Clover Stornetta Farms and am really impressed with the quality and taste of their dairy products!
The other day, I headed to our local Whole Foods and was excited to see the variety of products from Clover Stornetta Farms. I found milk, whipping cream, half and half, butter, sour cream and Greek yogurt easily in the refrigerated dairy section of the store. Clover Stornetta Farms is a third-generation family owned and operated California dairy who paved the path in setting the highest standards in the dairy industry. This year, Clover is celebrating its centennial anniversary and was excited to announce its delicious new organic Greek yogurts made from human-certified, rBST-free Clover milk.
Why Choose Clo?
What sets Clover apart from other dairy producers? Here are a few ways that Clover has set itself apart with its innovative approach to the dairy business:
- Clover was the first dairy processor to elevate milk from a commodity to a specialty food by establishing the North Coast Excellence Certified (NCEC) program – setting some of the most rigorous standards in the dairy industry which surpass those of the state and federal governments.
- Clover was the first dairy to become American Humane Certified, said no to the synthetic growth hormone rSBT, and made an early entrance to provide and support organic dairy products.
- As part of this standard of excellence, Clover cows are raised on small, local family-owned farms that follow sustainable agriculture practices and tend small herds on spacious ranches, where the cows are well-treated and healthy.
- Clover farms are also American Humane Certified and must demonstrate environmental consciousness and stewardship of land.
- Clover milk is not from cloned cows and annual averages of bacteria counts meet National Centers for Environmental Prediction’s (NCEP) set standards.
There are a lot of reasons to choose Clover over other dairy brands. Check out this yummy Spinach Dip Recipe I put together using Sour Cream from Clover Stornetta Farms.
Spinach Dip Recipe
1 package of frozen spinach (10 oz), cooked and thawed (I like to cook it in the microwave with water)
1 carton of Clover Sour Cream (16 oz)
1 packet of Vegetable Soup Mix
1 1/2 cups of Mayonnaise
1 can water chestnuts (8 oz), drained and chopped
5 green onions, chopped
1 tbsp Dill Weed (I like to use dried)
1 – Thaw and cook. In a microwave-safe container, thaw and cook the frozen spinach with water. Drain once cooked.
2 – Mix. In a bowl, add sour cream, mayonnaise and vegetable soup mix. Mix together.
3 – Drain and chop. Drain and chop water chestnuts. Chop green onions.
4 – Mix. Add chopped water chestnuts and chopped green onions to bowl with sour cream and mayonnaise. Add dill weed and mix together.
5 – Chill. Chill for 4 hours or more if possible. Serve in a bread bowl with cut up bread pieces or in a nice serving bowl. Enjoy!
A big thanks goes to Clover Stornetta Farms for a quality product that our family enjoys!
What’s your favorite product from Clover?