Easy Crock Pot Beef Stew Recipe
I love to use my crock pot, but honestly wished I used it more! I have set a goal for myself to make and share more crock pot recipes on The Mommy-Files during 2016. One of the great things about using a crock pot is that the meal cooks all day long and I don’t have to do anything during that time. However, sometimes prepping can be a pain, but when it all comes down to it, it’s totally worth it to not think about cooking dinner throughout the day and just be able to dish it up out of the crock pot at dinner time.
I recently made a super delicious Crock Pot Beef Stew that I’m really proud of. I only made it once before and that time, it wasn’t anything exciting, so I was nervous about making it this time. But I rocked it and can’t wait to make it again! Plus, all of my family (6 kids, my husband and myself) loved it and agreed that we wanted it again. Check out our recipe for Easy Crock Pot Beef Stew.
Easy Crock Pot Beef Stew
- 3 pounds beef stew meat
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups beef broth (made with beef bouillon)
- 6 potatoes, diced
- 20 baby carrots (or more if desired)
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- Cut the bigger pieces of meat into smaller sizes and put the meat in the crock pot.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, salt, garlic salt and black pepper. Pour over the meat in the crock pot and stir to coat.
- Stir in the garlic (I like to use a garlic press for mine), bay leaves and Worcestershire Sauce.
- In a separate bowl, make your beef broth using 1 cube of bouillon per 2 cups of boiling water (or according to package directions). Add to the crock pot.
- Stir in the chopped potatoes, carrots, celery and onion.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours. Enjoy!!!
- I think the next time I make it, I might add canned green beans and corn to my beef stew.
What do you like to add in your beef stew?
I usually put vegies I’m in the mood for at the time, which could be lot’s of vegies lol. this recipe looks delish!!!
I can’t wait to make this. I make all kinds of stuff in the crock pot, including stews and soups. This looks really tasty.
We love beef stew in our house. Beef stew makes a great meal that I can throw in the crock pot and leave and it always tastes amazing.
Looks amazing! I love meals that I can (mostly) just throw in the crockpot and let go.
I just made slow cooker beef and broccoli today. I am saving your beef stew recipe include it in our meal planning for next week. It is surely going to be another family favorite!
The stew looks so yummy! I am sure my family is going to like this. I can’t wait to try your recipe.
Yum! I love crock pot recipes! We are always so busy, and a good crock pot recipe can make our evenings much easier to manage. Thanks for this delicious recipe!
This looks so good. I haven’t had pot roast in a very long time. I’m gowing to make my version soon.
I love making beef stew in my crock pot. It makes the beef so tender and the potatoes absorb all of that delicious flavor! YUM!
That looks so good. We love using our crock pot as well but don’t use it nearly enough. Would love to make beef stew this week.
I don’t use my crock pot nearly enough. I always forget about it, but it is definitely something I need to use more often.
I don’t eat meat, but I know that my husband would love this. He loves beef stew!
I love crock pot recipes! Nothing like throwing meat and veggies in a pot and watching it cook itself! Great recipe, I’ll be making this sometime during the week! Thanks!
Stew is one of my favorite slow cooker meals to make. I love to add sweet potatoes to mine. I will have to try this recipe.
I love beef stew in the crock pot. This is one of my favorites to use in the crock pot. I’ll have to try out your recipe soon. It looks really good!
We love beef stew and I love using my slow cooker specially on hectic days. I’ve never tried adding celery though. Thanks for the recipe!
that does look very good,,i make mine about the same way but add some ketchup for a bit of color