Protect Your Family and Home with Remocam
At the beginning of the year, Shannon and I went to CES 2016. It was Shannon’s first time and there were a lot of awesome brands and products we were introduced to for the first time. One of those brands was Remocam, Inc. Remocam is the developer of the Remocam (a Smart Home Security Camera), the RemoBell (a Wireless Video Door Bell) and the RemoPill (a Smart Pill Container – to be released in April 2016).
Remocam, Inc. is a fairly new company that was founded in February 2015 in Livermore, California. It’s a spin-off company from a South Korean tech firm that produces high-quality MPEG encoding/decoding software technologies. Thanks to Remocam, we were able to check out the Remocam!
The Remocam is a Smart Home security camera that can monitor your home, business, or vacation home. It sends live video feed and motion detection alerts to the Remocam app on your smartphone. It’s even equipped with a Smart Home capability that lets you control your electronic devices. The Remocam retails for $199.00 and is available on Amazon.com.
- Live Feed – Monitor your home on your smartphone.
- Pan & Tilt – Remotely control the camera‘s viewing angle (Pan 335˚/ Tilt 95˚)
- Motion Sensor – Receive a push notification and view the recorded videos.
- HD Resolution – Watch clear HD video with state-of-the-art technology.
- Smart Home Capability – Connect your home devices like your TV, media player, and lights.
- 256-Bit AES Encryption – Protect your personal data with the bank-level Advanced Encryption Standard.
- Night Vision – Enjoy excellent night vision with 8 infrared LED sensors.
- 2-Way Communication – Listen and speak on demand. Interact with your family and pets.
- Siren Alarm – Turn on a siren to alert those who are home, or to scare off an intruder.
- One Minute Setup – Spend less time setting up and more time with your family.
- Local Recording – Save your videos on a microSD card instead of the cloud (microSD card is not included).
- Cloud Recording – Save your motion sensor videos to the cloud and watch them anytime.
Once the Remocam is installed, you can access it from your phone. Just be sure to download the app for your iOS system or Android. The app allows you to see the area in which it’s placed – as live feed on your phone. You can even take a picture, record video, make an emergency call or set off a siren. You can even speak or listen with the Remocam! It’s a great way to keep an eye on your family and home while you’re away. We love how easy it was to set up and use the Remocam in our home! Thank you Remocam for transforming our home into a Smart Home!
Remocam, Inc. will also be releasing the RemoPill in April 2016. Here are some of the features of the RemoPill:
• CES 2016 Innovation Awards Honoree (Tech for the better world)
• Smart pill container
• Monitors medications & dosages (weight sensor)
• Sound, light & push notification reminders & audio instructions for administration
• Push notifications on adherence updates and refill alerts
• Holds the entire pill bottle
• Users can give family members access to their RemoPill app account
Have you used a Remocam before?
What features do you like about it?